Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

and the first official response from HP was not really helpful. Turn off windows printer sharing they told me, because this is windows problem, not hp and not printer. So how i can use printer in the network after... w\o answers. But after changing the driver all is ok, sharing too.

HP Recommended
P2015dn. This HP printer like many HP winners is consistent only in that it never goes too long a period without a major issue.
After purchasing new HP computer with Win7 64 bit. (somehow thought buying an  HP model would possibly make the transition smoother, yea right.)

Same problem as all of you. After convincing HP to provide phone support, tech spent a few hours on my computer uninstalling and reinstalling pcl5 pcl6 and built in window drivers.
fixed problem temporarily and then started to happen again intermittently.

Finally gave up on HP support and tried solutions I've read here and elsewhere (considering HP's stellar  record, this is usually the most expedient method which leaves you the most hair and nerve endings, whether you are a rookie or tech pro) one of which was to install multiple drivers on top of each other.
Installing BOTH PCL5 and PCL6 driver packages has fixed the problem for me as of this morning.

Check out Peters alternative solution on this page
Haven't tested that method but will try it if my latest fix attempt doesn't stick.

J
HP Recommended

having the exact same problem - but not the solution 😞

HP Recommended

I'm confused about how you solved your problem (if you indeed were able to)  - I have  an HP LaserJet 2605dn printer that started doing the same thing when I upgraded to WIndows 7 (which I wish with all my heart that I had not done). Can you explain the solution to me?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

This was a solution from :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/get-devmgmtdiscoverytreexml/c40b...

- Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers;

- Double click your CP2025 etc. icon;

- Open "Adjust your printer settings" (translated, but about the printER not printING); 

- Choose the tab Device Settings; 

- Find "Installable Options" in the tree; 

- Switch off Status Notifications (again translated, but something like this). 

Setting the Status Notification to OFF worked.

HP Recommended

- Switch off Status Notifications (again translated, but something like this).

Perfect , this fixed it 🙂

HP Recommended

I had the same problem when i switched to Win-7, 64. I had tried all of the updated PCL Universal drivers and couldnt get the error to stop. I went back to the Series PCL 5e and it's working fine. Sometime the old stuff works better.

HP Recommended

What do you think the "Default" CP2025dn driver would be? I have installed the HP univ. printer driver PCL6 (v.5.3) and have the same "GET" page problem. I was told to not use the driver from the CD, as it was not compatible with my Windows 7 64 bit system. I didn't know there was another "default" driver.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

After or before printing there comes one clear page printed

"GET /DevMgmt / DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1

Host: 127.0.0.1:8080"   It is a wastage of stationary please. I want this to stop

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.