Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M176n

Hi,

I need help with HP Color Laserjet  Pro MFP m76n lcd has no display. the printer eventually can startup and can print. However, it's lcd just doesn't show anything but white screen. The attention and and ready button keeps blinking. In contrast, it was able to print. However, I am not able to upgrade the firmware because it says no printer detected. It was connected using usb cable..

is there any solutions to this fix?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini,

Thanks for your solution but it's still having the same problem.

I have already done a hard reset but still not solve.
I am using windows 7 professional 32 bit. I have tried to update the firmware, but it doesn't detect the printer when I plugged in the usb. but Install the driver was ok and printing was ok. However, scanning is malfunction and the screen  does lights up but appears in plain white screen with nothing on it.

The attention and ready buttons still keeps blinking.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @k3max,

I read your post and understand that the display on the printer is white. I would really like to be able to help you resolve this issue today.

Make sure there is no damage on the power cord and the printer shouldn't be exposed to any electric or magnetic field.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Try and update the printer's firmware. Software and Drivers.

Please check your private messages for additional steps to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the Thumbs up button below.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini,

Thanks for your solution but it's still having the same problem.

I have already done a hard reset but still not solve.
I am using windows 7 professional 32 bit. I have tried to update the firmware, but it doesn't detect the printer when I plugged in the usb. but Install the driver was ok and printing was ok. However, scanning is malfunction and the screen  does lights up but appears in plain white screen with nothing on it.

The attention and ready buttons still keeps blinking.

HP Recommended

Hi @k3max,

Since the steps provided didn't resolve this issue, the printer would need to be serviced.

You can call our technical support at 800-474-6836 to inquire about a replacement printer. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini,

Case solved. I have done the permanent storage init..... but it hangs there.

but then, when the screen was on permanent storage init... i connect the usb cable and network cable to try to update the firmware.

this is how it was done:

step 1: perform permanent storage init.......the printer screen eventually hangs at permanent storage init.

step 2: connect the usb and network cable to my laptop...(because i am not sure which one will detect the printer)
step 3: my laptop will autodetect the usb connection and auto install driver...but I skipped windows update because it takes some time to look for new driver update.
step 4: download the printer firmware...and run the firmware update exe. The application will appears not responding for a few second then it will prompt me that to make sure the printer is connected. By luck it suddenly detect my printer.
step 5: I proceed with the update.
step 6: once the firmware update complete. the printer will go into initialization then into ready mode.
Step 7: successfully.

it works.

thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know the reset and firmware update resolved the issue k3max.

{Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

Have a wonderful day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello!

many thanks, upgrading firmware did the job for me!

HP Recommended

Good day, please, My printer Color Laserjet Pro MFP M176n couldn't display anything on the LCD display screen and also couldn't print or scan.

Please, help out as soon as possible. I have donwloaded the firmware but not working yet.

I await our response soonest.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue but these steps help me a ton of online search. Thanks for sharing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.