cajunlor
Message 1 of 18 (57,843 Views)

HP laser jet 5 driver for windows 7

Is there a driver for a HP Laserjet 5 printer for Windows 7 operating system

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 18 (57,815 Views)

Re: HP laser jet 5 driver for windows 7

Hello cajunlor! The answer to your question is, yes!

You may find this link useful as it contains the drivers needed for multiple platforms.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=14999&prodTypeId=18972&...

Cheers!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
DustFilms
Message 3 of 18 (54,591 Views)

I too need this! Daniel, that link you provided takes you to the page to select your operating system yes, but as cajunlor asked about, we need the driver for Windows 7. When you selent Windows 7 as your operating system it  simply takes you to this page which tells you that the driver is already installed in Windows, which it isn't! http://tinyurl.com/4pglckz

It used to be and I've used my Laserjet 5 trouble-free with Windows 7 for over a year but I guess they recently decided to long longer support and and new we need a stand-alone driver! I can't print at all right now and this really puts me in a bind!

Honor Student
ivamvs
Message 4 of 18 (54,547 Views)

This worked perfectly. You only need to follow the directions.
Top Student
DustFilms
Message 5 of 18 (54,484 Views)

Brother.

I did follow the directions, obivously or I wouldn't bother asking for help.

The link takes you to the page that lets you choose your operating system, after which it takes you to the page that simply says "Install the driver included in Windows 7 or Windows Update"

When I try to do that I get the following error:
 printer.JPG

So I'm stuck in an endless loop. I need a stand-alone driver from HP since apparantly the "installed" one no longer works.

Honor Student
ivamvs
Message 6 of 18 (54,477 Views)

I installed the 5L as my printer.  Have you tried anything other than the laserjet 5?

Top Student
DustFilms
Message 7 of 18 (54,474 Views)

Just tried 5L, same error. I've also tried HPs universal print driver, and various other similar models, all with the same error. But I read that Windows 7 is simply not supporting those older printers anymore. So what's a guy to do?

Honor Student
hauszweihomes
Message 8 of 18 (44,802 Views)

Apparently nothing as I see no one has responded to your request and I just switched over to a new computer and it's not working for me either. What's weird is is that is was working but my previous computer 's motherboard went out and all data was transferred to this new computer and now the printer is no longer working while it was working in Windows 7 with the old.

Student
jiam
Message 9 of 18 (40,960 Views)

hP does not have any support for the laserjet 5p.  the hp site does not even recognize it as a printer that they make.  using the model number is also unrecognized. they have completely abandoned this printer.

Student
alhanawi
Message 10 of 18 (40,746 Views)

download
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation