05-17-2011 01:04 PM - edited 05-17-2011 02:54 PM
I have a HP laserjet P3005 printer & when it prints the paper comes out all wrinkled & the toner smears on the right side of the page. This is something new that just started happening, the printer is about 2 yrs old. Anyone experience this and if so, what is the solution? New rollers?
12-20-2011 07:22 AM
I believe this is the same problem I'm having--the paper seems to get the toner OK but comes out of the printer heavily creased with the toner smudged around the crease and at the top of the page. Did your printouts have a small indentation in the paper about a third of the way over from the right? Seems like it's hitting something and that's whats causing it to turn and wrinkle but I can't figure out what it's hitting unless the obstacle is inside the fuser.
02-28-2012 08:25 AM
As best as I could determine, the covering on one of the rollers inside the fuser had started to shred and separate from the roller itself, causing the paper to hitch and become wrinkled and smudged. Gave the user the price of a new fuser and they elected to replace the entire printer instead. A P2055x was its replacement.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper