Question

Student
suedoo
Message 1 of 4 (1,916 Views)

HP laserjet P3005 wrinkling paper on the right side

[ Edited ]

I have a HP laserjet P3005 printer & when it prints the paper comes out all wrinkled & the toner smears on the right side of the page.  This is something new that just started happening, the printer is about 2 yrs old.  Anyone experience this and if so, what is the solution?  New rollers? 

Honor Student
cjmuller
Message 2 of 4 (1,614 Views)

Re: HP laserjet P3005 wrinkling paper on the right side

I believe this is the same problem I'm having--the paper seems to get the toner OK but comes out of the printer heavily creased with the toner smudged around the crease and at the top of the page.  Did your printouts have a small indentation in the paper about a third of the way over from the right?  Seems like it's hitting something and that's whats causing it to turn and wrinkle but I can't figure out what it's hitting unless the obstacle is inside the fuser.

Student
ClevGA
Message 3 of 4 (1,553 Views)

We are having the same problem, any word on the cause of this ?

Honor Student
cjmuller
Message 4 of 4 (1,552 Views)

As best as I could determine, the covering on one of the rollers inside the fuser had started to shred and separate from the roller itself, causing the paper to hitch and become wrinkled and smudged.  Gave the user the price of a new fuser and they elected to replace the entire printer instead.  A P2055x was its replacement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation