Question

Honor Student
printey
Message 1 of 17 (10,205 Views)

HP photosmart 5510 - wont print in black ink and unable to print wirelessly

Hello. I recently bought a new HP Photosmart 5510 printer. The first couple of prints worked fine. I tried to print again at a later date and found that the printer refuses to print any black. I left the printer to see if the issue will fix itself. Now, I am unable to print wirelessly from my laptop (Macbook pro, 13") and it still lacks the ability to print in black. Any ideas on how to fix these issues? Sorry if its in the wrong forum 

Grad Student
ashu_b
Message 2 of 17 (10,150 Views)

Re: HP photosmart 5510 - wont print in black ink and unable to print wirelessly

Hello,

Some troubleshooting steps for wireless printing are outlined here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=63606&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=uk&d...

For printing in black ink, you should be able to go to printer properties and print in greyscale only. 

I work for HP.
Honor Student
printey
Message 3 of 17 (10,128 Views)

Thanks. Got the wireless to work again but every attempt at fixing the black ink problem fails. Every other colour seems to be working though

Student
dianep65
Message 4 of 17 (9,600 Views)

I am having the same issue with the black ink cartridge for this model.  Everything was fine until I replaced the cartridge for the first time, and now nothing prints in black (or yellow for that matter).  Any ideas on what is causing this?

Top Student
mbmease
Message 5 of 17 (9,569 Views)

Same issue....Anyone have a solution.  I havetried the utilities on the printer, clean, align with no luck.

Grad Student
ashu_b
Message 6 of 17 (9,563 Views)

Hello guys,

I tried to find a solution for this problem, best suggestion I have is to take out the cartridges and shake them 5-6 times and put them back. There may be something wrong with the cartridge preventing it to print.

There are some trouble shooting steps for general ink cartridge related issues for this product:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=73640&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d...

If these items dont help, recommend calling HP support at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/contacthp?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=5063582

I work for HP.
Top Student
mbmease
Message 7 of 17 (9,556 Views)

Tried that, ink went everywhere. I even took the cartridge back a put a new cartridge in with no luck. I am trying to let printer sit and see if that helps. If this fails I will buy an Epson.
Tutor
bluj
Message 8 of 17 (9,037 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problem.  I replaced my cartridges for the first time but the blacks and yellow ink will not print.  Can you please tell me if you have resolved the problem?  Thank you.

Honor Student
Lilgypsy
Message 9 of 17 (8,452 Views)

Same issue with same printer.

I bought this one to replace my other Hp that started jamming up. It is only a few months old.

Hp... are you going to offer a solution or a recall?? Sounds like  this is a typical problem for this model.

Please help, or I too will be buying elsewhere.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 17 (8,441 Views)

Lilgypsy wrote:

Same issue with same printer.

I bought this one to replace my other Hp that started jamming up. It is only a few months old.

Hp... are you going to offer a solution or a recall?? Sounds like  this is a typical problem for this model.

Please help, or I too will be buying elsewhere.

Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.  If your printer is still under warranty then Contact HP for warranty support.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation