HP won't let me use my printer (358 Views)
Honor Student
grey77
Message 1 of 3 (358 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP won't let me use my printer

I have owned my HP Photosmart 7960 printer for about  three or four years   and used it with Windows XP operating system.

I have just upgraded to Windows 7.

When I  check my compatibility it says all driver are OK and all boxes are ticked in green except one that says

"I DO NOT HAVE THE ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS TO MY PRINTER".

I am still using my same e-mail address. Can anyone help?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (288 Views)

Re: HP won't let me use my printer

This is not an HP issue or related to your email address, it relates to the way your system is set up.  Do the following: log onto Windows 7 with an account with Administrator privilege.  Go to Start, Devices and Printers, right click on the Photosmart 7960, Printer Properties, Security.  Click on Everyone and then set the checkboxes for the appropriate privileges, OK.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
grey77
Message 3 of 3 (272 Views)

Re: HP won't let me use my printer

Thanks so much Bob.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation