Question
Student
Message 1 of 3 (5,495 Views)

HPTLBXFX.EXE USING CPU USAGE/MEMORY

the hp utility program HPTLBXFX.exe is running as a background process (listed in the task manager) and is using cpu memory/usage. is there any way to stop the utility from running in the background and only use the utility when i need it. i am running a large program and need all the cpu/memory that i can get so the program does not slow down...  i have a program called ram idle that is supposed to manage startup programs and ram usage, but this program is not controlling hptlbxfx.exe process. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

edv Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (5,455 Views)

Re: HPTLBXFX.EXE USING CPU USAGE/MEMORY

Hi,

that's the original RunRegistry for autostarting the HPTLBXFX.EXE:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ToolBoxFX"="\"C:\\Programme\\HP\\ToolBoxFX\\bin\\HPTLBXFX.exe\" /enum:smileysurprised:n /alerts:smileysurprised:n /systrayIcon:smileysurprised:n"

my solution is to change it to save my CPU/RAM- space:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ToolBoxFX"="\"C:\\Programme\\HP\\ToolBoxFX\\bin\\HPTLBXFX.exe\" /enum:smileysurprised:n /systrayIcon:smileysurprised:n"

You can also delete this Registry-Entry total.

Best wishes

Sebastian W.

edv Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (5,451 Views)

Re: HPTLBXFX.EXE USING CPU USAGE/MEMORY

PS:

problems with representation...

get my registry-entry from

http://devint.inf.tu-dresden.de/sw1/temp/software/hptlbxfx.exe-problems/solution/

Sebastian W.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation