11-29-2009 03:46 AM - edited 11-29-2009 04:11 AM
Hi there, have a brand new officejet pro 8500 wireless and the scanner bar is stuck and juddering with a flickering light on scanner bar, the power light is flickering yet the touch screen is not on.
Been working perfectly via wireless and Mac OS X for two days, now kaput.
The warning red exclamation light is on as well as the auto answer fax light, though that is normally off.
Tried with usb cable and wireless, not found on computer
Is there a way of hard resetting it? Esp as the touch screen is not working.
I have tried #9, #6 holding down and turning on, does not work, also the machine will NOT turn off by the power button
Seems jammed as it is making a juddering noise form the scanner bar...
All help greatly appreciated as I really need this for work in the morning for some crucial stuff ...hence why i bought this last week.
Slightly disappointed it has done this already.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper