Question
Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text
Replies (144)

Student
Santos1503
Message 31 of 145 (6,699 Views)

Re: Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text

I would first try cleaning the printer carriage.  Go to the following link to find out how.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/HP-6500-Office-jet-E709a-Black-printer-cartrid...

Honor Student
rodcusack01
Message 32 of 145 (6,692 Views)

Re: Help-HP Officiate 6500-Won't print Black text

My printer stopped printing,I thought the printer was out of Ink purchased new Inkjet Cartridges Value pack and put them into the cartridge holder, to find they wouldn't work, took them back to find out there was nothing wrong with them, and the store officer gave me the telephone number of "HP Australia Support" to contact them,I would try using my computer to overcome my problem, so far no good,

EllenShuman wrote:

My printed will print any color text on a page, but nothing that requires black ink. Black cartridge was full when this started. No error messages. Troubleshooting, I changed to a brand new HP 920 Black cartridge. Still nothing that's black is printing. Any help appreciated!

so could you please help me.

your Regards,

Rod  Cusack.

Honor Student
rodcusack01
Message 33 of 145 (6,692 Views)

Re: Help-HP Officiate 6500-Won't print Black text

My printer stopped printing,I thought the printer was out of Ink purchased new Inkjet Cartridges Value pack and put them into the cartridge holder, to find they wouldn't work, took them back to find out there was nothing wrong with them, and the store officer gave me the telephone number of "HP Australia Support" to contact them,I would try using my computer to overcome my problem, so far no good,

so could you please help me.

your Regards,

Rod  Cusack.

Top Student
acarraway
Message 34 of 145 (6,649 Views)

The reset option didn't work for me...  I am still unable to print black ink. 

Top Student
acarraway
Message 35 of 145 (6,648 Views)

This worked! Thanks!
Honor Student
sigpub
Message 36 of 145 (6,570 Views)

I see people saying thanks to the won't print black ink problem on the HP6500 but cannot read the answers.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 37 of 145 (6,557 Views)

sigpub wrote:

I see people saying thanks to the won't print black ink problem on the HP6500 but cannot read the answers.

See the page here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
jvinson
Message 38 of 145 (6,455 Views)

FYI, I tried cleaning the printerhead using the printer itself and still no black ink printing. I then went to the computer and used the start menu in the following sequence, start, programs,HP, HP solutions, settings toolbox, services, clean printerhead. I am now happily printing black ink and color.

Honor Student
Murray4
Message 39 of 145 (6,443 Views)

I had the same problem with my 6500 in that it would print color but not black. I solved the problem by restarting the print spooler. I went to the HP Solution Center > Select HELP > Solve a Problem > HP Guided Solutions > Unable to Print > Choose Solved Problem NO at the bottom left of the pages until you get to the page Restart Print Spooler and then follow those instructions. I have XP but found that the instructions there  for Vista more closely applied to getting me to the spooler settings where I could select Restart. Direct from your PC without using the HP Solution Center you can do the follow steps for XP: My Computer > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Scroll to and highlight Print Spooler > Select Restart.

Honor Student
andereaves
Message 40 of 145 (6,425 Views)

I don't understand "pressing and holding the # and 3 buttons."   Are they not the same button (the # just the 3 with caps)?

Can someone help me understand this better because it didn't work for me.   Also, my problem is with the HP desksjet F4480.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation