Question
Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text
Replies (144)

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 51 of 145 (18,008 Views)

Re: Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text

pvgrillmaster wrote: [snip]

I know this thread is old... But I'm really about to give up, and I could use your help.

I tried everything you posted here, to the letter..... It still will not print black ink. [snip]

Check the vent and soak the printhead as shown here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
steverkw
Message 52 of 145 (17,731 Views)

I just installed a new black cartridge in my OfficeJet 6500A Plus E710n, now it won't print. yes, I've done the partial and hard resets several times (it worked fine before). I was warned about this machine, but the close out price was unbeatable. Now the only beating I want to do is with a baseball bat on this thing.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 53 of 145 (17,728 Views)

steverkw wrote:

I just installed a new black cartridge in my OfficeJet 6500A Plus E710n, now it won't print. yes, I've done the partial and hard resets several times (it worked fine before). I was warned about this machine, but the close out price was unbeatable. Now the only beating I want to do is with a baseball bat on this thing.

Check the vent and soak the printhead as shown here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
chacha523
Message 54 of 145 (17,597 Views)

Re:Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text

I posted a related question under another similar topic, but I've since found a solution and wanted to share it on blog discussion threads. This was my post from 03-05-2012 (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead/HP-Officejet-6500-E709n-printer-black-ink...

"I am experiencing the same problem. I too, have tried installing a new black ink catridge, taking out the printer head and cleaning it by hand, cleaning the printer head using the HP software, doing a partial reset, doing a hard reset and nothing. Black does not print out at all, whether it's an alignment page, quality report or something from my own files (Word, Excel, PDF, etc). The black does not appear at all. Can someone PLEASE help solve this problem?"

The SOLUTION that worked  for me was a hard reset, as detailed by user 

Hard Reset – While printer is powered ON, pull

the power cord from the printer then from the

wall. After 30 seconds reconnect power to wall

and printer. This will trigger a ‘dirty power up’

and restore the printer to a known good

condition (if it is possible). No user settings are

lost with a ‘hard reset’.

This ‘Hard Reset’ is one of the most powerful

tools to use when the printer hardware is not

functioning properly!

Honor Student
steverkw
Message 55 of 145 (17,583 Views)

Re: Re:Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text

Hard and partial resets did not work. Turned out to be be a print head issue==required much cleaning. Works fine now.
Top Student
acarraway
Message 56 of 145 (17,570 Views)

Re: Re:Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text

Try taking out the black cartridge and shaking it and then place it back in...   That is the only thing that has worked for me.  

Honor Student
CherylOake
Message 57 of 145 (17,504 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much!  It took me over 3 1/2 hours of doing everything else before I got to your solution.  And it worked perfectly!  I also took alcohol and Q-tips and cleaned the contacts on the printer itself, including under the little white bar under the contacts and it was all gunged up as well.

Goto pg.3 message 23 re: washing Cartridge Holder / Carrier

Honor Student
tx68
Message 58 of 145 (17,451 Views)

Have cleaned and realigned cartridges several times as recommended in previous posts, but still won't print black

Honor Student
CherylOake
Message 59 of 145 (17,449 Views)

Did you physically take the carrier out of the printer and wash it under hot water? see message 23

Honor Student
tx68
Message 60 of 145 (17,423 Views)

Yes.  Soaked it in hot water and carefully rinsed and dried afterward.  Then, I ran cartridge and cleaning steps again.  All to no avail

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation