Question

Student
Wholmes
Message 1 of 3 (7,535 Views)

Help!! My printer won't print black ink!!!!

I would guess that someone has likely posted this question before, and I will surely start searching the forums momentarily, but this is an emergency and I desperately need help as soon as possible.

I have an HP 3310 All In One printer.

The black and cyan ink cartridges ran out so I went and bought new ones. I installed them last night and when I came to print today. All other colors are printing, except for black. No error message and when I check the fill levels, its showing the full level in the black cartridge.

I've tried printing test pages, cleaning the printing heads. I manually removed the cartridge, cleaned the connections and the ink holes, and reinstalled.

I tried to do an Alignment and it goes all the way through the process and then tells me that it "Failed the Alignment"

So, can anyone out there help me? Should I just assume that it is a problem with the cartridge and go get a new one? Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you so much to anyone who can offer me some help with this. I am desperate.

WH

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 3 (7,518 Views)

Re: Help!! My printer won't print black ink!!!!

Hi,

I'd suggest following the steps outlined in the 'Alignment Failed' document below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01386363&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=439491

Does this solve the issue?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
bonkalski
Message 3 of 3 (2,748 Views)

Re: Help!! My printer won't print black ink!!!!

My printer won't print black

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation