Question

Top Student
davesuff
Message 1 of 11 (14,343 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I determine how many pages my Laserjet 1020 printer has printed in its lifetime?

I am trying to be proactive in determining whether I need to plan to replace my Laserjet 1020 printer.  I know that I have seen printouts from resellers/refurbishers which show the number of pages that a printer has printed in its lifetime.  I am just trying to figure out how to get this information from my printer so that I can see how much life it has left.  Can anyone tell me how to generate this report?

Thanks!!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 11 (14,294 Views)

Re: How can I determine how many pages my Laserjet 1020 printer has printed in its lifetime?

Hi davesuff, 

The Printer Test page contains information about printer driver and port settings. The page also contains information about the printer name and model, computer name, and so on. You can print the Printer Test page from the printer driver.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
davesuff
Message 3 of 11 (14,289 Views)

Re: How can I determine how many pages my Laserjet 1020 printer has printed in its lifetime?

Hi - thanks for your response, but I already know about the printer test page, and it doesn't include anything about the number of pages that the printer has printed over its lifetime.  I saw a sample printout of this in an eBay auction, and I am now wondering what utility is used to generate this report.  I am afraid that your response does not answer my question.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 11 (14,278 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi davesuff, 

You should be able to view the pages printed by going into the driver. Let me know if this works?

1. Printing Preferences

2. Basics tab 

3. click on About.

1.JPG

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
davesuff
Message 5 of 11 (14,232 Views)

Thank you!  Sorry for the delay in responding (I was out of town).  This is exactly what I was looking for!

Student
viznimsindhu
Message 6 of 11 (13,791 Views)

Re: How can I determine how many pages my Laserjet 3055 printer has printed in its lifetime?

hello 

hp  

How can I determine how many pages my Laserjet 3055 printer has printed in its lifetime?

pls help me asap 

Student
Dale75103
Message 7 of 11 (13,145 Views)

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 11 (13,102 Views)

Hi Dale75103,

Glad to hear this resolved your issue. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Student
ajaykumar009
Message 9 of 11 (9,005 Views)

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 11 (8,930 Views)

Hi ajaykumar009,

Refer to Message 4 of 9 above.

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation