Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

On a HP office jet Pro 8620, without going into the dialoge box and pausing/canceling - it takes too long and the print job finishes before I can tell it to cancel if its a couple of pages long.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello SuzyQ42,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8620 and would like to know how to cancel a print job without going into the printer dialogue box.

You can do this by pressing on the Red X on the front panel of your OJ 8620 after you have sent the print job.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hello SuzyQ42,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8620 and would like to know how to cancel a print job without going into the printer dialogue box.

You can do this by pressing on the Red X on the front panel of your OJ 8620 after you have sent the print job.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the OJ 8620 and there is no red X on the display screen like in the 8600. I signed up for the Instant Ink and I dont want to be paying for pages I dont want printed. I turned off the unit so it woould stop printing. Do you have any other suggestions or is this disabled when using Instant Ink?

HP Recommended

It may be because I printed fom the ipad but when I went to check on what was printing there was no way of cancelling. Is there a work around for this.

HP Recommended

Hello @MBB2821,

There are two ways to cancel a print job with AirPrint:

• From the printer control panel: Press the Cancel button  to cancel the print job.
  • From the Apple device: Press the Home button  twice, tap the Print Center icon at the bottom of the screen, and then tap Cancel Printing in the Print Summary menu.
    Figure 13: Example of canceling a print job from the Apple device

Capture.PNG

**Source

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

There is no Red X on my screen (that I could find) and by the time I shut off my 8620 printer, it had printed way more pages than I wanted.  How in the world (in easy to understand words) do i cancel a print job when there is no Red X?

HP Recommended

bloha,

Please contact HP’s Cloud Services at 855-785-2777 and have them walk you through the cancelling process from your device. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Your fanswer to my problem was to click on the red X on the printer screen.   THERE IS NO RED X.

HP Recommended

EXACTLY!!! Where is this Red X ???

HP Recommended

Others keep asking this question, but nobody has an answer.  When I print from the computer, there is no red X on the printer so I still don't know how to cancel a print job.  NOWHERE in the instruction manual or online can I find how to cancel a print job other than turning the printer off and then deleting the print job from the control panel.  I love the printer, but hate, hate, hate the the fact that a print job can't be cancelled.  Sorry, I wish I could be more help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.