Question

Student
Kimosabe
Message 1 of 7 (17,970 Views)

How do I fix error message remove and check color cartridge?

I have a PSC 2355xi all in one printer. I recently tried to replace the ink cartridges. Error code...Remove and replace color cartridge shows in the printer window. Now the printer will not work at all and I haven't found the fix. HP "Customer Support" has been NO HELP AT ALL!

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 7 (17,936 Views)

Re: How do I fix error message remove and check color cartridge?

Hello Kimosabe

If you have not already please try this article it may help with your problem.

Remove and Check Cartrdige Error

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
DebCapeCoral
Message 3 of 7 (16,629 Views)

Hi, I have tried all the steps. New cartridge was the first thing I did. Nothing is working. I have a 5500 All In One series for 5+ years. Not buying another cartridge, so should I just get another printer?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 7 (16,552 Views)

Hello DebCapeCoral

I have a few questions:

Are you using the Officejet 5510? If not which 5500 printer do you have?

Are you using genuine HP ink or remanufactured cartridges?

Have you moved to any different countries or regions?

The reason for trying another ink cartridge is to isolate the problem. Since you already tried changing the cartridge it may be a problem with the printer. HP Product Warranty Check

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Intern
Hazelg
Message 5 of 7 (14,388 Views)

I have an OfficeJet 7310 (Mac) and had the same problem. I located this HP advice and followed it. The first solution didn't work, the software solution isn't possible because it is now located within the operating system, but the advice to clean the contacts on both the cartrdige and the inside of the printer did work (at least for now). The reason I am posting is to ask about what I saw inside the printer and on the cartridge to find out if it is normal. I saw on the cartridge some ink around the nozzle and inside the printer at the bottom (which is unreachable)  I saw some gooey looking stuff, perhaps dried up ink--I am not sure what it is. Could it be that the cartrdige leaked? Or maybe an earlier cartridge leaked and left the mess. Do I need to do something about this? I can't reach it, so I don't know what I would be able to do. And since the printer seems to work now, I wonder if that black stuff creates a problem or not.

Student
rbrossmann
Message 6 of 7 (8,530 Views)

Everything has worked OK until now. I have removed power pulled the cartridges and cleaned them and the machine with alcohol reconnected to power switched on the machine and still have the same error message. HELP!

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 7 of 7 (8,501 Views)

Hi rbrossmann,

I see that you're having problems with your printer.  I have a couple of questions for you.

What printer do you have?

What is the exact error message you're getting?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation