Question

Student
Chaptec
Message 1 of 4 (767 Views)

How do I get rid of a false paper jam notice on officejet Pro 8500 909A?

I called tech support and viewed paper jam video.  Did all the recommended steps however paper jam message continues to be displayed.  There is absolutely no paper jam any where.  Can someone suggest what else I can try to resolve my problem.

Tutor
raine007
Message 2 of 4 (749 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of a false paper jam notice on officejet Pro 8500 909A?

Not too sure have you tried to reset the product  or check the carriage path and reseat the printheads.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01618077&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3752456&tmp...

I work for HP, but these words are on my own.

Grad Student
Akki78
Message 3 of 4 (747 Views)

Hi,

Since you have contacted the HP support and done all the required steps which says unit needs to be serviced..

If the unit is under warranty contact HP support and get replacement unit.

Regards,

Akki

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Grad Student
Btek
Message 4 of 4 (736 Views)

Try following all the steps in this doc: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01618077&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc... if you have already done all these steps, try a partial reset by holding the # and 3 button down while uplugging the printer without turning it off.

Wait 30 seconds and then hold the # and 3 button again while plugging the power back in and don't let go of the buttons until the warm up screen appears. If that still won't clear it out do the same reset as before but hold the # and 6 buttons instead of the 3 button and go through the same steps. If this still does not resolve the issue, it is time to call hp total care and get that printer replaced.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

If I have resolved your issue, feel free to provide Kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation