Question

Honor Student
tomtoe
Message 1 of 15 (8,823 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I save a scanned document as a PDF file?

How can I save a scanned document as a PDF file.  I'm using a Photosmart C6280.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 15 (8,791 Views)

Re: How do I save a scanned document as a PDF file?

If you still have the document re-scan it using the Solution Center saving it as a pdf file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
tomtoe
Message 3 of 15 (8,780 Views)

Thanks for the help.  I did download the Solution Center and it worked great.  Thanks again.

Teacher
emma22
Message 4 of 15 (8,750 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, I have a HP photosmart plus ALL IN ONE B209a but when I scan I do not have any options to scan to except windows Live Photo gallery, I missed your solution to this problem so would you be kind enough to re post, I looked all over this site for your answer but could not find it.I have the solution center on my desktop but no help.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 5 of 15 (8,745 Views)

If you installed the full version then you should see the Scan Document option in the Solution Center.

For more info click in this link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a HP employee.
Teacher
emma22
Message 6 of 15 (8,729 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for posting the Link in your reply, not sure if it was you that added a postscript about this site not being a venue for HP help, I did not use this site as a venue to HP, I just needed help from fellow users of this product who are more savvy at computers than I am. We are all trying to help each other the best we can and if it helps one of us from taking our computers and printers to a shop to get them fixed then all the better.

Thanks for the Link and have a great day.

PS. I followed the link and downloaded it but PDF only shows in solution center not on the front of the printer glass as it used to do so I guess I will have to reinstall.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 7 of 15 (8,718 Views)

[ Edited ]

If the scan option is not displaying on your printer then it is most likely a hardware problem and not a software one.

Have you tried to do a reset on the printer?

PS: the postscript is mine

I am not a HP employee.
Teacher
emma22
Message 8 of 15 (8,704 Views)

Thanks again for the Link, I followed the instructions and now the front of my printer shows the scan, when I press on it it say's scan to computer, scan to memory card, scan toUSB and scan to Reprint photo, does that sound correct or should it also say scan to PDF.

This is my main concern right now as we are getting a few PDF documents sent to us that need to be signed and sent back,

we do not normally need this but we are negotiating a home sale right now and not being able to scan to PDF or even my scans is a bit of a pain right now.

I marked you Kudos for your help and your solutions are a very big help to me and other users, I love this printer and just want to get it working as it did when I first bought it a year ago.

Once again thank you.

Student
Peninsula
Message 9 of 15 (6,742 Views)

I have an HP Officejet J4680 All-in-one printer.  How do I save my scanned documents as PDF files?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 10 of 15 (6,736 Views)

How do I save a scanned document as a PDF file?

@Peninsula
What operating system you have on your computer?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation