Question

Top Student
mikesober
Message 1 of 5 (783 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do i set my color Laserjet 1600 printer to "draft mode" to save on toner?

HP Color Laserjet 1600.  An article in today's New York Times Business section suggests that I set my printer to "draft mode" to save on toner use.  How do i do this?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (758 Views)

Re: How do i set my color Laserjet 1600 printer to "draft mode" to save on toner?

[ Edited ]

What operating system? Generally you would go the printers folder, right click on the Laserjet 1600 and then select Printer Properties.  You can then select properties such as draft mode that you would like as default, Apply, OK. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
mikesober
Message 3 of 5 (753 Views)

Re: How do i set my color Laserjet 1600 printer to "draft mode" to save on toner?

Bob,

Thanks.  I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.  When I go to Printer Properties i don't fine anything to change print mode.

Mike Sober

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (752 Views)

The draft setting is in a rather unexpected place:  right click on the Color Laserjet 1600, Printing Preferences, then click on the Finishing tab and set under Print quality.

laserjet 1600.png

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
mikesober
Message 5 of 5 (749 Views)

Bob,

I found it.  Thank you very, very much.

Mike Sober

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation