How to customize paper size (13529 Views)
Honor Student
Joe01826
Message 1 of 22 (13,529 Views)

How to customize paper size

How do I customize paper size with a photosmart plus B210? I'm trying to print wedding invitations and it is not allowing me to change the paper size to 5.5 x 8.5.  Should I purchased a Lexmark?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 22 (13,474 Views)

Re: How to customize paper size

Hi - Are you receiving an error when you try changing the paper size?  Which SW are you trying to print from?  The paper size you mention is supported by the printer, so it shouldn't be a problem.  You'll want to make sure that the SW supports that paper size and that you're able to change the paper size in both the SW and in the printer driver  - in the SW, click File, Print, choose the b210, then click on Preferences or Properties.  Click through the tabs until you find the paper size (probably the Features tab).  Choose custom, type in the size and then at the top, where it says custom, type in a name for the custom paper (ex. 55x85).  Then click Save As, then you should be able to click OK and it will save the paper size.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Joe01826
Message 3 of 22 (13,462 Views)

I'm trying to print from word 2010. It doesn't me to customize the printer paper size. It only has the 30 or so pre-selected paper sizes and it doesn't give me an option of customizing.  is there anything else i can do?

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 4 of 22 (13,455 Views)

Are you trying to set the paper size in Word (Page Layout) or in the printer driver (File, Print, Printer Properties)?  The steps I described should show up in the Printer Properties.  In addition, you should be able to customize the same size in Word 2010 - Page Layout, Size, More Paper Sizes (at the bottom), then you should see a Width and Height adjustment that can be customized.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Joe01826
Message 5 of 22 (13,450 Views)

I have no problems setting the page size in word 2010.  when i go to print the printer properties don't give me the option of customizing the page size.  When i print without changing the page size in print properties the printer is printing the page as if it is a letter size page.  I think i may have bought a hunk of junk!!  Which is disappointing since I like my HP laptop.

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 6 of 22 (13,446 Views)

Did you install the driver from the disk that came with the printer?  I believe Win 7 may also come with a driver, but it won't offer the full functionality for the printer.  You might try reinstalling the driver.

I am an HP employee.
Student
cwoodul
Message 7 of 22 (13,191 Views)

Did you ever find a solution?  We are having the exact same problem trying to print our invitations.  One of the replies talks about a Custom size in the printer properties, but I do not have that on mine.  I tried using the 5x8 index card and had to adjust the margins, but it's not the same. 

Student
jdinges2
Message 8 of 22 (13,130 Views)

Wow. I am floored and livid. I just wasted so much money on this printer. I am a wedding invitation designer and previously used the HP Photosmart Plus to print my projects. I was extremely happy with the custom sizing feature that let you print small or unusual sizes with or without borders. Very advanced and handy. That printer finally bit the dust and I decided to purchase the newer model, completely assuming these features worked the same way. Well, as evidenced by this thread, they do not. This newer updated model doesn't have half the functionality that the previous model had. I cannot believe you can't print custom sizes! An HP employee seems to explain how to do it above, and she does explain exactly how it works on the previous model, but there is no such option on the B210. If anyone knows something I don't or has found a solution please let us know!

Intern
CroMag_7695
Message 9 of 22 (13,127 Views)

Not sure how to fix your problem, but I can tell as someone that works with printers daily, NEVER buy a Lexmark. 

Student
RanaLee
Message 10 of 22 (13,073 Views)

This is just great! I recently purchased the B210 as I have always used HP in the past and usually had great success with them. I am a graphic designer and will need to add custom paper sizes to the printer as my projects are not usually letter, legal or 4x6. I have been searching the web feverishly as I am trying to print invitations that when folded are 5x7 (and therefore are really 10x7 prior to the fold). I am shocked that this is not an option! jdinges2, have you had any luck with this issue? Also, which photosmart printer did you use prior to the B210?...I'm going to see if I can maybe find that one on the internet. This is very upsetting!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation