How to erase printer's memory (28011 Views)
Honor Student
pudy68
Message 11 of 23 (3,600 Views)

Re: How to erase printer's memory

I have a 6500 Officejet Wireless all-in-one...how do I erase the memory chip (restore to factory settings - how?)

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 12 of 23 (3,594 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pudy68, simply just unplugging the power cord from the printer and wall, then plugging back in after 30 sec will clear the memory.

**Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.
I really appreciate it!**

THX

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
Honor Student
pudy68
Message 13 of 23 (3,590 Views)

@lions99 -  are you sure that erases everything on the chip itself?  My print head dies and I need to trash this printer but I don't want any scanned images/pdf info to linger.  Do your intructions restore it to factory settings, or just erase the print queue?

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 14 of 23 (3,589 Views)

@pudy68, please check your private message inbox. 

**Also, remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!**

THX

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 15 of 23 (3,535 Views)

Please check your private messages.

THX

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 16 of 23 (3,524 Views)

I'm glad we resolve the issue. If you need anything else let me know.

Also, thanks for the KUDOS!

Thanks!

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
Student
Buchanas
Message 17 of 23 (2,960 Views)

I have a 3-in 1 printer, model Office Jet, number 6310,  and wish to donate it, but want to clear all memory first.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 18 of 23 (2,957 Views)

@Buchanas, check your private message inbox.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
Honor Student
junebug13
Message 19 of 23 (2,654 Views)

How would one go about clearing/erasing/formating/deleting the memory of Hp Photosmart 7525 and Hp Premium All in One Photosmart C309.  Thank you!!

Student
DetChry300
Message 20 of 23 (1,072 Views)

One of my HP Printers Model#7310 is being retired.  How do I clear the memory?   Additional problem, I have been getting the message "Remove & check Color Cartridge".   I have been unable to eliminate this problem & I have had to replace it with the HP Photosmart #C410.  I would like to know how to enlarge a small letter or picture placed on the glass on the #C410.                         Thanks,              Frank

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation