Question

Student
cvanriss
Message 1 of 8 (7,202 Views)

How to fix HP Toolbox errors? CM1415fnw toolbox

"HP ToolboxFX has encountered an error and can not recover.  Please re-start HP ToolboxFX, or re-start your PC.  You will not be able to receive alert messages, or use other HP ToolboxFX features until HP ToolboxFX has been restarted.  Windows version xxxx (I have XP, 32 bit).  HP ToolboxFX version: 006.015.01163"

I have restarted the toolbox, restarted my PC, and reinstalled the software 3 times.  Nothing works and I can't find any place that tells me anything more about the error message.

The error message automatically pops up when I start my PC.  If I restart my PC it still comes up.  If I turn off the toolbox (task manager or "exit" from bottom right corner) it cannot turn back on...all 3 do not solve the problem which is why I reinstalled the software.

Please help!

Student
PastorCop
Message 2 of 8 (6,910 Views)

Re: How to fix HP Toolbox errors? CM1415fnw toolbox

I continue to get the message that my HP ToolboxFX has encountered an error and it needs to be restarted - but I haven't found a way to restart it or fix it. Any ideas?

Student
CrisNunes
Message 3 of 8 (6,906 Views)

I am having the same problem.  The software HP Toolbox FN of my CM1415FN Multifuncional is showing an error message.  I have restarted my computer several times and installed many times the printer software and driver but the problem is still happening.

Please help.

Honor Student
PC832inCA
Message 4 of 8 (6,873 Views)

I'm having the same problem here. Just about every time windows starts I get the error message that HP Toolbox has encountered an error and cannot continue. Twice it has caused my system to hang which I verified in the task manager. I used HP Update and it says all the software is up to date.

System Information:

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, Service Pack 1

HP Digital Entertainment System z565

4 GB of RAM

Intel Pentium D 64 Bit 3.40 GHz

HP Laser Jet Pro CM1415fnw

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 5 of 8 (6,775 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  I've included a link below that gives a full description of the toolbox and what it's functions are.  Just for troubleshooting purposes, I might suggest going from Start>HP Utilities and un-install, reboot and then try printing.  If that works, I might recommend shutting down all start-up items and re-installing the driver software for the printer.  You may have a conflict during install.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01530961&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Honor Student
PC832inCA
Message 6 of 8 (6,772 Views)

Thanks but I actually found a process that fixed the problem. Elsewhere in the support forum someone (it may have been you) suggested deleting the settings folder. I did that and the Toolbox has worked perfectly ever since. :-)
Top Student
GaGirrl
Message 7 of 8 (6,625 Views)

Can you elaborate on what "settings" folder was referenced? I'm having the same issue.

PC832inCA wrote:
Thanks but I actually found a process that fixed the problem. Elsewhere in the support forum someone (it may have been you) suggested deleting the settings folder. I did that and the Toolbox has worked perfectly ever since. :-)

Top Student
captain77450
Message 8 of 8 (1,714 Views)

ftp://15.193.112.22/ftp1/pub/radar/HPEPC2_6_0_50.exe is the latest version.

More versions,  under similar names, at :

http://ftplike.com/browser/15.193.112.22/ftp1/pub/radar/

The latest version above was installed and confirmed on Windows 7 x86 for "network connected" HP LJ 3055, 2600n and Inkjet 8100.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation