Question

Top Student
benrosa2001
Message 1 of 5 (11,008 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to print an iron-on transfer so as it prints backwards?

Greetings:

I'm trying to print an iron-on transfer using an Officejet 6000 e609n Series printer.  I can select the correct paper type fine, however, upon printing, it text is not printed backwards so as to be correct after ironing on the piece of clothing.  Is there an additional setting I need to configure?  I've looked and looked on the Print dialog's Properties tab but don't see anything else to select or set.

Please help!

Thank you in advance for any assistance or guidance.

Ed in Tampa

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (11,005 Views)

Re: How to print an iron-on transfer so as it prints backwards?

Hi,

It's much better to do this from the application(s) using Reverse printing option. Please try this guide:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=bpu02032&lc=en&product=61561

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
benrosa2001
Message 3 of 5 (10,999 Views)

[ Edited ]

Greetings:

First, thanks for the timely feedback.  However, the solution is for an OfficeJet r45 "All in One" printer.  That printer must come with a different software configuration for printing.  My printer does not provide a "Flip Horizontal" box to check (put does oddly, allow for selection of the iron-on transfer paper, see embedded image below).

HP printing options.JPG

Top Student
benrosa2001
Message 4 of 5 (10,948 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok, looks like this printer's software does not provide the capability to "mirror" an image, only print an image designated as an iron-on.  Therefore, it is up to the user to perform this task before printing the image.  I found that both MS Word 2007 & Paint can "flip" or "mirror" the image.  Below, find a screen shot of how to do this in Word.

Ed in Tampa

Word image formatting

Student
Trish13
Message 5 of 5 (4,743 Views)

Brilliant!  thank you so much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation