Question

Top Student
P_Rey
Message 1 of 6 (4,528 Views)

How to print document in reverse color, B

HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C410a 

Operating System:  Windows 7 64bit 

I want to convert a .PDF file from Black-&-White to White-&-Black.  A 303 page manual I need to print has black pages and white ink (ouch!).   

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 6 (4,495 Views)

Re: How to print document in reverse color, B

I believe this can be done in adobe reader via preferences and then accessibility. Give it a shot and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
P_Rey
Message 3 of 6 (4,492 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, it didn't work, but it was worth trying.

Best regards,

Paul

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 6 (4,485 Views)

Hmm, I found this link that has a post indicating most PDFs can be inverted using a well rounded image editing software like Photoshop or Gimp(Free). If you decide to go that route here are the steps from that0n3guy's post:

"-Download and install gimp

-Open the pdf with gimp: File -> open ->file.pdf
An import from pdf screen will pop up. You can only import one page at a time (well.. you can do multiples, but it puts it in its own layer... ). I usually only up the resolution to about 150 or 200 pixels/inch.

- Invert the colors: Colors -> Invert
- Save the image as a tiff -> file -> save as

done" -- The post is somewhat dated so more functionality could have been added to handle multiple pages.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
P_Rey
Message 5 of 6 (4,477 Views)

You're right, this would work.  Same using Photoshop.  But it is still one page (photo) at a time.  I'm going to pick-and-choose the which ones I need and go from there.  If I do find something, I'll try to pass that on.

And again, thanks to all.

P_Rey

Student
timbadmit
Message 6 of 6 (808 Views)

I downloaded GIMP and AVIRA detected adware or a virus so I had to remove it.  Tried it again, downloaded GIMP, same result.  Any alternative ways to inverse blueprints to print as black on white background?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation