Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Cannot print envelopes, have selected the correct item on the printer window and am using MS Word and it spits out a blank envelope with no error messages????????

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello there @havasuaz , Welcome to the forums

I understand your envelopes are printing out blank from Microsoft Word, and I have some suggestions for you that might help.

I am unsure of which Operating System you are running on your computer, or the version of MS Word you're using however, if you are using Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor. This diagnostic tool will check for any conflicts that could be causing the issue. The tool will show you a report at the end. If there was a problem that the tool could not fix, you will notice it in the results.

If the envelopes are still printing out blank afterwords, try Uninstalling the Printer Software, restarting the computer and reinstalling the printers full driver: Software & Drivers

If the problem was originating within the printer software or from a driver conflict, you should now be able to print successfully.

If the issue is within MS Word, try this guide I had found when searching for this issue: Envelopes spontaneously started printing blank from Word 2010

Or post the issue within the Microsoft Support Community, or try uninstalling and reinstalling your MS Word program.

Have a great Tuesday Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a new HP ENVY 5660 wireless all-in-one inkjet printer.  The printer has the capability to print envelopes, but I'm unable to find any instructions as to how to do that. 

I have a Dell computer with Windoews 8.1 and have Open Office for my writing program.  I'm unable to print any envelopes because I don't know how...  If anyone can give me help in this matter I would appreciate it.   One of the reasons I purchased this printer is BECAUSE it has the ability to print envelopes.

Please Help,,,

Thanks,

Frank0

HP Recommended

Hi there @Frank0 , Welcome to the forums!

I understand you are looking to print on envelopes with your Envy 5660 on Windows 8.1.

As I mentioned above, first ensure you have the Full Feature Software and Driver installed for your printer on your computer, here is the link for you: HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer Series Full Feature Software and Drivers 

Once you are done the full installation, check out this guide to show you how to: Print on envelopes (Windows) 

I hope this helps you understand how to print on envelopes! Let me know how it goes for you! 🙂

HappyMonday.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. 

I have ANOTHER problem. 

Yesterday I somehow selceted the paper size etc. from the screen on the printer to "Envelope #10" and now I don't remember how I did that, and need to change that setting because I'm unable to "copy" an 8.5 x 11.  The printer screen tells me "Copy does not support Envelope #10.  Load a supported size of paper in the tray to continue."  I already have 8.5 x 11 paper in the tray, but the printer won't let me copy...  I need to change that setting of "enveope #10" back to 8.5 x 11 and I don't know how, and can't find any info on the help menu to tell me how to change it back. Please help -- Again.

Thanks much,

Frank0

HP Recommended

Hi there Frank0,

Try going in to the Copy Menu on the printer and change the copy settings to reflect back to 8.5 x 11.

Here is also the link directly to the User Manual for your printer just in case you need it! 🙂

copy123.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I don't know how I did it, but I was able to get into the paper setting and changed it to A4.  There is NO 8.5x11 setting.  There is an 8x10 and it doesn't print as I want it to.  I compared something I had printed with my old printer, and there is defintiely a difference -- the old one being better.

I replaced a HP C6280 printer and that printer had more settings than does this 5660.  I was able to select 4X6 BORDERLESS on my picture settings on my computer and THEY WERE BORDERLESS.  Now when I print a picture, I can only select 4x6 and when I select borderless from my computer, they still have a white border aroung the picture.  However, when I print a picture from my iphone, it IS BORDERLESS.   I don't understand that and perhaps there is something with Windows 8.1 that is causing that.  I'm not sure.

This printer is new to me, and I know I need to become more familiar with how everyting works, but I needed to make a copy of something and when it wouldn't work I became frustrated -- to say the least.

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks,

Frank0 

HP Recommended

Hi Frank0,

I totally understand you're confusion with the borderless prints!

The Envy 5660 does not support 4 x 6 size borderless printing on photo paper when printing from your computer, as you use an installed HP driver on a computer.

You are able to print a 4 x 6 borderless photo from your iPhone because the application on your phone is supporting the 4 x 6 borderless print (that does not use an HP driver).

Here are the specs for your printer if you wish to check them out.

Printer Specifications for the HP ENVY 5640, 5660, 7640, and Officejet 5740 and 8040 e-All-in-One Pr...

I hope this helps you!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I have office jet pro 8600 plus, word 2013, Windows 7. Trying to print a7 envelopes. I tried drivers 450 and 990c with no luck. Any other ideas?
HP Recommended

I just purchased an HP printer and printed envelopes with no problems.

What I did was download the PDF  manual for this printer from the HP site.

It explains how to print envelopes and also shows a pictue of how to do it.

I am also using Open Office and  windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.