Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there folks; 

Recently I ran into several folks asking on how to print envelopes in the same printer The HP Officejet 8600

Do to this I decided to provide both the instructions in this document as well as the links of the article where I refer to for the information. This way folks that want to have it quick and to the point can accomplish this by reading and following this article and any folk that want to dig deeper perhaps the article will provide more in depth information

This is how to load the envelopes;

I will provide the link of the Article where this information have been gathered from;

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02890475

Here the steps for loading the envelopes on the Officejet pro 8600.

1. Grasp the handle on the front of the input tray, and then pull the tray towards you to open it.

2. Figure 12: Pull out the input tray

3. Slide the paper width guides out as far as possible.

4. NOTE:If you are loading larger-sized paper, pull out the tray extension to lengthen the tray.

5. Figure 13: Input tray extension

6. Insert the envelopes into the center of the tray with the envelope flap on the left and facing up. If the flap is on the short end of the envelope, insert the envelope into the center of the tray with the flap toward the product and facing up.

7. Figure 14: Load envelopes

8. Slide the paper width guides in to rest against the edges of the envelope. Make sure that the envelope is centered in the tray.

9. Push the tray into the product until it clicks into place.

10. Figure 15: Push in the input tray

11. Pull out the tray extender on the output tray.

12. Figure 16: Pull out the tray extender

This is the explanation on how to load envelopes into the 8600. Hope is helpful

Now let’s make sure that the envelopes use are supported by the printer,

This article will also provide you with envelopes support by this printers;

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02858465

Is an important to properly load the envelopes as to use only envelopes supported by the printer.

you might spend countless hours trying to figure what is the problem without realizing that the issue is  the  envelope you are actually using is not supported.

Here is a list of the envelopes supported by the Officejet 8600

Paper type

Paper size

U.S. 10 envelope

105 x 241 mm (4.1 x 9.5 inches)

A2 envelope

111 x 146 mm (4.4 x 5.8 inches)

DL envelope

110 x 220 mm (4.3 x 8.7 inches)

C5 envelope

162 x 229 mm ( 6.4 x 9.0 inches)

C6 envelope

114 x 162 mm (4.5 x 6.4 inches)

Monarch envelope

98 x 191 mm (3.9 x 7.5 inches)

Card envelope

111 x 152 mm (4.4 x 6.0 inches)

Chou #3 envelope

120 x 235 mm (4.7 x 9.3 inches)

Chou #4 envelope

90 x 205 mm (3.5 x 8.1 inches)

Hope this is helpful.  

I welcome any comments and questions;

RobertoR 

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hope it is of your liking.

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hope it is of your liking.

RobertoR

HP Recommended

On my OJ Pro 8600, When I go to print a # 10 envelope, it feeds the envelope through and then prints the address on a letter page.  I was forced to set the printer preferences to #10 envelope, and within Word, set the paper type to # 10 envelope, set Word up for center feed, and then put everything back to print normally.  ON my 6500 all I had to do was hit print.  There must be a way to print single envelopes without jumping through all these hoops!!

HP Recommended

Is there a way to get the return address to print flush with the upper left edge of the envelope?  Does HP offer an envelope printing program that runs on Windows?  My word processsing software assumes that i will be able to print to the edge of the envelope but HP seems to require a minimum margin of .65 inches on the left side of an envelope.  If I change the margins so that the return address prints, then the main address is partically covered by the text box for the return address (Word 2010).   In other software, I cannot adjust the margins for an envelope at all.

Yes, I have it set to be using envelope #10 (what I am using) and landscape and I know that I have to load the envelope in the center.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clear instructions. Helped a lot.

HP Recommended

I used the instructions for loading envelopes, but cannot get my 8600 pro with 2 trays to print #10 (or any) envelopes.  I have tried switching trays, commands et. al. but not success.  How do I print an envelope?

HP Recommended

Hello Hille.

I understand you are unable to print envelopes from your printer. What type of program are you printing from? Please follow the manual on Printing on envelopes. This will be on page 43.

Make sure you are following RobertoR's previous post on loading envelopes in the paper tray from your Officejet 8600.

You can only print envelopes from tray 1. From the program you are printing from, you need to change the paper source to tray one, not auto select.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I know how to load envelopes. I want to print an uninterrupted series of envelopes but when I go to print the computer says "The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page."  Not sure what this means. I assume I have to modify margins but cannot seem to find instructions how to do so. Also assume I would have to set and reset each time I want to print envelopes.

Any direction appreciate.

Steve H.

HP Recommended

Hi steveneuro,

What program are you printing from and what size envelopes? the issue seems to be with the settings. If I know what program you are working with I can help adjust the settings.

I imagine you should be able to create a preset so you would not have to set and reset each time you print on envelopes but again, it is best if I know what we are working with. Can you also tell me which operating system you have and which version? Thanks.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.