Question
How to upload photos from memory card to computer on new Officejet 8500A Plus?
Replies (19)

Tutor
PetTrainer
Message 11 of 20 (2,414 Views)

Re: How to upload photos from memory card to computer on new Officejet 8500A Plus?

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem that I cannot obtain photos from a card.  I know that it is due to the printer being wireless, but I am not seeing the card when I open the IP address.  If entered without the \\, I do go to the EWS, and there is no card reader listed there.

If I do include the \\, I get a "file not found" error.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

Oh and I have the 8600 Plus, but figured the process was the same.

Stasi

Grad Student
Neon4499
Message 12 of 20 (2,410 Views)

Re: How to upload photos from memory card to computer on new Officejet 8500A Plus?

Hi PetTrainer,

It could be that your firewall is preventing you from accessing the printer shared folder.

Have a look at this link

http://www.dharwadkar.com/weblog/firewall_block

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Student
eklecka
Message 13 of 20 (2,396 Views)

I too have found the same.  I want to get the pictures to my computer.  I have the Office Jet 8600 A Plus

Provost
pcwizard
Message 14 of 20 (2,375 Views)

[ Edited ]

How do you have the printer connected to your computer? (USB, Ethernet or Wireless)

If you have the Printer connected via Ethernet or Wireless you will be unable to transfer the files from the printer to the computer. If you connect the printer using a USB cable you should get the dialog box where you can transfer the photos from the card plugged into the printer to the computer.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Student
Truckondo
Message 15 of 20 (2,362 Views)

I have the 8600 Plus now and it won't transfer from the memory card reader to my PC via wireless.  My older 8500 did transfer over wireless and I didn't have to do anything special to make it work.  Could this be addressed in a driver update?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 16 of 20 (2,359 Views)

Hi Truckondo,

If you have the Printer connected via Ethernet or Wireless you will be unable to transfer the files from the printer to the computer. If you connect the printer using a USB cable you should get the dialog box where you can transfer the photos from the card plugged into the printer to the computer.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
kenternst
Message 17 of 20 (2,311 Views)

I am having the same problem as others have mentioned about uploading photos from flash cards in the HP8600 card readers via a wireless network. I was successful using the printers ip address but could not find the card reader. I tried putting the address format sugested to include the two back slashes \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but it imediately gets a fault and changes the address to a different style file://xxx.xxx.xxx/ and says this web page not found. Any suggestions?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 18 of 20 (2,302 Views)

Hi kenternst, 

The 8500 & 8600 printer models do not support transferring files from the card to PC when connected Ethernet or Wirelessly. The reason for this is if you have the printers installed on a network with several computers, and you plug in a card it would then open a pop up window on all computer connected to the printers. If you connect the printer using a USB cable you should get the dialog box where you can transfer the photos from the card plugged into the printer to the computer.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
vrans99
Message 19 of 20 (2,225 Views)

I had the same problem. I have a 8500A Plus and using Windows 7.

You can not access the memory card from the browser using the IP address.

This is how I did it:

I went to Windows Explorer and click on Computer.

Then click on the option 'Map network drive'.

Now, in folder section, I did type the printer's IP address, then I clicked on 'browse' and you will see the memory card.

Choose it and map it assigning a letter to it.

Now you have full control over the memory card thru the drive you just created.

Honor Student
sandyslope
Message 20 of 20 (1,304 Views)

Same as subject.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation