Question
Hp photosmart c8100 all-in-one series printer power cycling on/off/on/off/on. Help?? Problem reset
Replies (33)

Student
hewie
Message 21 of 34 (2,361 Views)

Re: Hp photosmart c8100 all-in-one series printer power cycling on/off/on/off/on. Help?? Problem re

I too am having the same issue. First it started with not powering down. HP info was useless for resolving. Glad I found this post. The cap issue is probably my problem so will look to fix that. I am not buying an HP printer again!  Last one was junk and this one has hardly been used more than a dozen times before turning to crap.

Honor Student
DisneyWizard
Message 22 of 34 (2,301 Views)

Re: Hp photosmart c8100 all-in-one series printer power cycling on/off/on/off/on. Help?? Problem re

[ Edited ]

They know there was a problem with the capacitors they installed, with a large failure rate.

Three words: [Legal Discussion Removed]

Student
Jimi_B_11
Message 23 of 34 (2,115 Views)

hello,
same problem here... problem started late 2011... been sick, so just get'n to post... thanks
Honor Student
sheeba1226
Message 24 of 34 (1,825 Views)

I started having the same problem just when the year warranty was over. SHAME ON HP FOR NOT STANDING BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. I'll NEVER buy another HP printer.

Honor Student
DisneyWizard
Message 25 of 34 (1,790 Views)

[ Edited ]

{Content Removed}
I want my full retail purchase price refunded!

Student
lenand
Message 26 of 34 (1,237 Views)

In view of so many people, as I shall, slagging off this printer.  Why don't HP come up with a solution?

This is the worst product in 50 years of championing HP.  How can an fomerly excellent company fall to this appalling level of customer care?

My machine is still flashing.  How do I get to the capacitor?

Student
byubobman
Message 27 of 34 (1,171 Views)

I will never buy another HP printer as well

Student
Abelite
Message 28 of 34 (1,132 Views)

Hay....... I don't know what's happening, if i refill my hp printer all-in-one 5020a black catraige, it drops down all the ink and it goes empty again.please is there any person with a lasting solution cause i've bought 3 refill catraige in 2 months.
Top Student
McDoyen
Message 29 of 34 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]

My HP Photosmart C8180 went into it's endless start-up loop after a power outage hit my town. I tried every thing suggested--hard restart by unpluggling, pushing various buttons, trying to reach 'the brains' via my computer, waiting several days--and nothing worked.

I eventually turned it off because the click-click of the on/off cycle was driving me crazy. Months passed.

A guest turned it back on trying to print; it cycled round and round for a few hours THEN started working again. (OMG -- I nearly screamed when the accusative message came up on the machine about "Properly shutting down". Like power outages never happen.)

It worked for two days.  Then a printing job got stuck in cue. Wouldn't delete.  I turned off the machine (properly!) and when it powered up again...   You guessed it -- it is back in the start-up loop.

Aaaaaarrrrgh! It amazes me that hp can have dozens and dozens of customers stuck with the same serious problem that requires THROWING OUT THE PRINTER as there  seems to be no customer solutions or officially suggested fixes (at a discount perhaps if they DID use bad capacitor)  and yet NOTHING.

There was certainly lots of life left in all the other components... if it would just actually start and stay running. Ugh.

Honor Student
DisneyWizard
Message 30 of 34 (1,071 Views)

An ethical and responsible manufacturer would issue a product recall and repair their faults at no charge. I have two of these and they both developed the same power cycling fault in 15 days of "proper shutdown". When notified of warranty claim, they only offered to sell me another - full price - as resolution of warranty. HP Photosmart C8100 all-in-one is the only backlit 35mm negative scanner/printer on the market. What can I do? Send it to an authorized repair center and send HP the bill? Why am I out a couple of grand in equipment, supplies, training and downtime because HP cut 7 cents off the corner of capacitor materials cost?YOU HP - YOU FRACED IT - YOU FIX IT! Man up to your error.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation