Question
Hp photosmart c8100 all-in-one series printer power cycling on/off/on/off/on. Help?? Problem reset
Replies (34)

Top Student
McDoyen
Message 31 of 35 (723 Views)

Re: Hp photosmart c8100 all-in-one series printer power cycling on/off/on/off/on. Help?? Problem re

[ Edited ]

Hey, has anyone taken their C8100 into a hp repair place and gotten the bad capacitors or whatever is wrong that causes this recycling-on/off-with-no-end PROBLEM fixed?  If so, how much did it cost?

I'm not handy enough to open my machine, find the faulty part and start sodering in new ones. Not gonna happen.

Is the repair visit fix less expensive than a new machine?  Let me know -- if anyone has tried REPAIR SERVICE. Thanks!

Student
kj77
Message 32 of 35 (533 Views)

Re: Hp photosmart c8100 all-in-one series printer power cycling on/off/on/off/on. Help?? Problem re

[ Edited ]

Hello,

-disconnect power supply.

-remove cartbridge.

-reconnect power supply.

-hold print, remove-red-eye and cancel button while the screen isn't turned off.

-When the screen is black, press the power button to turn off the printer

-Then press power button again to power on, and select country and language.

-Replace cartbridge

-The printer work fine!

Honor Student
MagicRecovery
Message 33 of 35 (219 Views)

Hi ! Not sure has Your problem has been solved and i understand You have posted this message 3 years ago but decided to post what i have done anyway.

1. Find new PCB and replace the unit - cost 95 dollars or 60 pounds avaiable only in USA. (if you live somwhere else You need to add quite high delivery charge by UPS)

OR

2. Open Your printer...disconnect and remove your old PCB...look up for swallen or leaking capacitors... Unsolder them, replace with new ones. Place everything back and Your printer is ready to use. Thats what i have done and it's all working fine .Cost 3 pounds if you know what You are doing.

I went for second option as didn't want to spend double the price for delivery.

Honor Student
MagicRecovery
Message 34 of 35 (217 Views)

Not many repair shops will do a printer...but cost is around £60

Top Student
print4ever
Message 35 of 35 (1 View)

out of warranty  ask the experts at 

www.print4everexpress.com  hp plotter repair free tech support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation