Question

Student
jholt91
Message 1 of 10 (6,319 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp printer cuts off right side of paper

Hello,

I am new to this but I have a problem that needs to be answered pretty quickly please, when I try to print out an email the right side of the email gets cut off, I checked the printer setting and even the preferences but everything is alright, nothing wrong there, but every time I print I happens. Also when I go to print out a picture the picture turns out yellow, please I tried everything I could think of.

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 10 (6,311 Views)

Re: Hp printer cuts off right side of paper

Hi - Can you provide the model of printer you're using?  That will help determine what steps to take to troubleshoot.  Typically though, when the print out is being clipped or cut off, it has to do with a paper size mismatch between the printer driver software and the settings in the software you're using (i.e. MS Word).  Make sure that the paper size settings in the sw (typically under page setup) match those of the printer (typically under printer setup).

As for the color issue, the first step will be to run a self test page on the printer to determine whether it is an issue with the ink cartridges.  How to run the test page from the printer is dependant on the printer model.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Student
Samuelson159
Message 3 of 10 (5,130 Views)

Hi, I'm having the same problem.
My printer model is a Deskjet 1050 J410 series.
I could do with the help,

Thanks. 

Student
Meggie0
Message 4 of 10 (4,983 Views)

In Adobe Reader, I had to change the settings to fix this issue. Open the PDF document, then click the Adobe Reader printer icon.  Underneath Page Handling, look for Page Scaling.  From the drop-down menu, select Fit to Printable Area.

Top Student
bjb154
Message 5 of 10 (2,066 Views)

How do  I open the PDF document?  I am not a computer guru.

Honor Student
zambonizima
Message 6 of 10 (1,069 Views)

Please help. my HP Officejet 4500 wireless printer is now cutting off the right side of papers that I need to have. I also can't find a Preview button anymore. It is gone.  Can you help?  

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 7 of 10 (1,061 Views)

Hi - A couple of things to check and then a couple of questions for you.  First, verify that the paper size is set to letter or A4, or whatever size paper you're using in both the SW you're printing from (File, Print, Printing Preferences) and also in Devices and Printers.  Just find the OJ4500, right click and choose Printing Preferences.  In addition, validate that the OJ 4500 has a check mark next to it, indicating it is set as the default printer.

For the questions:

- What SW are you printing from (Word, Excel, etc.)?

- What OS are you using (Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.)?

- Does the issue occur from all of the SW apps you print from?

As for the Preview button, that is typically a function of the SW you're using, not sure why it would have disappeared.  If you haven't completely shut down the computer lately, I'd start there - close down all your SW and then shutdown the computer.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
zambonizima
Message 8 of 10 (1,052 Views)

Hi. Thanks for your reply. As for SW, I have a Macbook so I don't know which SW it is. (Duh....I am a novice.) 

It took me a long time to figure out why it cut off the paper. I tried all the suggestions and nothing worked.  I was trying to print some forms someone sent me in an email. Hence, all the pages were cut off. When I "saved to computer" the forms, I was able to print them, the preview button showed up and nothing was cut off. 

I appreciate your reply very much.  Question: IF I have anymore problems, is there any way I could email you directly w/out having to log in and post a question? If not, I understand, but I would like for you to answer all my questions.  Thank you SO much.   Sue in IL 

Honor Student
zambonizima
Message 9 of 10 (1,048 Views)

Where do you click "Appropriate solution"?  Can't find it......  thx

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 10 of 10 (1,043 Views)

Hi Sue - Unfortunately, I'm not going to be a lot of help when it comes to the Mac OS, I'm not very familiar with it at all.  However, there are plenty of Mac experts on the forum who can help out if you run into problems in the future.  When you first come into the forum, you'll want to go into "Printers and All-In-Ones" and then select "Mac Printing and Scanning".  Once you're in that part of the forum and post your question, you'll be assured that a Mac expert will respond to it. 

Hope that helps! 

BTW - In response to your other question regarding flagging this as an "Accepted or Appropriate Solution", unfortunately, only the person who started the thread has the option to flag it as an Accepted solution.  In this case you added to an existing thread.  No problem with that, but you want be able to flag it as accepted.

Thanks

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation