Hp printer cuts off right side of paper (4915 Views)
Student
jholt91
Message 1 of 5 (4,915 Views)

Hp printer cuts off right side of paper

Hello,

I am new to this but I have a problem that needs to be answered pretty quickly please, when I try to print out an email the right side of the email gets cut off, I checked the printer setting and even the preferences but everything is alright, nothing wrong there, but every time I print I happens. Also when I go to print out a picture the picture turns out yellow, please I tried everything I could think of.

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 5 (4,907 Views)

Re: Hp printer cuts off right side of paper

Hi - Can you provide the model of printer you're using?  That will help determine what steps to take to troubleshoot.  Typically though, when the print out is being clipped or cut off, it has to do with a paper size mismatch between the printer driver software and the settings in the software you're using (i.e. MS Word).  Make sure that the paper size settings in the sw (typically under page setup) match those of the printer (typically under printer setup).

As for the color issue, the first step will be to run a self test page on the printer to determine whether it is an issue with the ink cartridges.  How to run the test page from the printer is dependant on the printer model.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Student
Samuelson159
Message 3 of 5 (3,725 Views)

Hi, I'm having the same problem.
My printer model is a Deskjet 1050 J410 series.
I could do with the help,

Thanks. 

Student
Meggie0
Message 4 of 5 (3,578 Views)

In Adobe Reader, I had to change the settings to fix this issue. Open the PDF document, then click the Adobe Reader printer icon.  Underneath Page Handling, look for Page Scaling.  From the drop-down menu, select Fit to Printable Area.

Honor Student
bjb154
Message 5 of 5 (661 Views)

How do  I open the PDF document?  I am not a computer guru.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation