Question

Honor Student
MARYLEEMYERS
Message 1 of 5 (1,381 Views)

I am getting Ink System Failure 0xc05d1281. Help! Will not print.

As per subject question, I am getting this error code.  When I send a print job, the printer grunts through a process, then ends up with this, "Ink System Failure," prompt in the AIO screen.  I love my PSC.  The thing about printers (actually a good thing), but I really love mine......is that to bring it in for repair, I could probably replace it for the same cost.  But, I love my printer.  Any ideas on how I can fix this.  I will say that the printer has gone through one phase of "intermitttent problem."  I had an episode of the prompt......then, later it printed on a different day.  It is rumored there is a jam perhaps, but I have gone through those motions.  Experts:  If you are familiar with this specific error code 0xc05d1281, PLEASE HELP.  Thank you for your time.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (1,366 Views)

Re: I am getting Ink System Failure 0xc05d1281. Help! Will not print.

Please read this post then provide some details. 

What printer model? 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
MARYLEEMYERS
Message 3 of 5 (1,360 Views)

Hi, Thank you for your response!

I have a wonderful Photosmart C5180 All in One PSC.

Thank you.

Honor Student
MARYLEEMYERS
Message 4 of 5 (1,358 Views)

Maybe instead of saying it "grunts," it more like "clicks" through a process when it is trying to print before giving me that darn "Ink System Failure," prompt on the printer screen.  By the way, all print cartridges have ink, if that matters. 

Grad Student
Btek
Message 5 of 5 (1,355 Views)

Try following this document

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00551397&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

If I have resolved your issue, feel free to provide Kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation