Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I sent a photograph to print on my HP Photosmart B209-am printer.  When I waited over an hour for it to print and nothing happened I tried to delete it.  The status has said "deleting" for several hours.  I have run task manager to cancel, I have rebooted my Windows 7 64bit PC, and restarted the printer.  Nothing will delete the print job.  What can I do next?  I can't print anything else until this is resolved.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the control panel, open administrative tools and select sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it, select Properties and then click on the stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder.  Reboot the computer and you should be ok. 

You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Hope this helps,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the control panel, open administrative tools and select sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it, select Properties and then click on the stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder.  Reboot the computer and you should be ok. 

You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Hope this helps,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have an hp pavilion with Windows 8 on it.  I was having the same issue with not being able to delete the print job.  Your post was very helpful.  I went into "print spoller" and stopped it.  I did not restart the computer, I simply started "print spooler" again and the error on the printer was gone.  I finished printing my photos.  Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

I went into print spooler and click on stop button but then I clicked on apply.   Now when I go into control panel then to devices and printers there is no printer .  I tried going to add printer but got the following message:  Windows can't open Add Printer.   There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

Can you help me to get printer going?   I apologize for being a "technology dummy".

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your advice!!  I was able to finally clear out that print job that I could not clear by any other means.  I did not have to do the second step, I simply rebooted and viola, finally printing again.  I did, however, find it interesting that when I rebooted my computer and printer that the pesky print job did actually print, LOL.  Again, thank you for your expertise on this issue.

HP Recommended

i followed the instructions,

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document(s) have been removed.

now, its not printing!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.