06-23-2010 01:41 PM
My initial Black cartridge expired on my HP officejet J4680 all in one. I replaced it with a HP901XL Black cartridge.
When I tried to print from it, the printer went through the motions but didn't put ink on the paper.
I check in the HP solution centre and saw my Black cartridge was low on ink....hmmm brand new cartridge.
When I clicked on Cartridge Information on the HP production, it said I had two Black cartidges - the older (and non-existent 'Everyday' use) and the new Black HP901XL cartridge marked as 'High Volume'.
It 'seems' like all my apps are trying to print to the 'everyday' cartridge which is now heading for recycling.
My question is : How can I make my applications use the 'High Volume' cartridge ?
Many thanks in advance
06-29-2010 10:31 AM
I hope I can help with this problem.
Did the printer take the paper in but no ink printed on the paper? Were there any error messages displayed?
11-12-2011 05:12 PM
I have the same problem, black ink wouldn't print. I installed the new 901XL for my J4550 and the solution center shows the catridge as full. It asks me to align. When I print the alignment paper, it doesn't have anything in blank on it. When I put it on scanner, the printer complains that the alignment paper is not found. I tried to ignore the warning/power off-on, the printer is simply printing a blank page.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper