Question

Honor Student
orbepa
Message 1 of 3 (288 Views)

I can't print black ink from my new HP901XL

Hi

My initial Black cartridge expired on my HP officejet J4680 all in one.  I replaced it with a HP901XL Black cartridge.

When I tried to print from it, the printer went through the motions but didn't put ink on the paper.

I check in the HP solution centre and saw my Black cartridge was low on ink....hmmm brand new cartridge.

When I clicked on Cartridge Information on the HP production, it said I had two Black cartidges - the older (and non-existent 'Everyday' use) and the new  Black HP901XL cartridge marked as 'High Volume'. 

It 'seems' like all my apps are trying to print to the 'everyday' cartridge which is now heading for recycling.

My question is : How can I make my applications use the 'High Volume' cartridge ?

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

Re: I can't print black ink from my new HP901XL

Hi orbepa,

I hope I can help with this problem.

Did the printer take the paper in but no ink printed on the paper? Were there any error messages displayed?

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
shariqp
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: I can't print black ink from my new HP901XL

Hi,

I have the same problem, black ink wouldn't print. I installed the new 901XL for my J4550 and the solution center shows the catridge as full. It asks me to align. When I print the alignment paper, it doesn't have anything in blank on it. When I put it on scanner, the printer complains that the alignment paper is not found. I tried to ignore the warning/power off-on, the printer is simply printing a blank page.

Please help.

Thank you,

Shariq

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation