Question

Student
cgjr
Message 1 of 4 (970 Views)

I cannot get rid of a "paper Jam" message. I tried to turn off the printer and disconnect it

Any solution for a error message"paper Jam" that will not go away?

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 4 (938 Views)

Re: I cannot get rid of a "paper Jam" message. I tried to turn off the printer and discon

Hard Reset – While printer is powered ON, pull

the power cord from the printer then from the

wall. After 30 seconds reconnect power to

wall and printer. This will trigger a ‘dirty power

up’ and restore the printer to a known good

condition (if it is possible). No user settings

are lost with a ‘hard reset’.
This ‘Hard Reset’ is one of the most powerful

tools to use when the printer hardware is not

functioning properly!

if in warranty,contact HP tech support. what is your printer model?

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Student
EmmaPeale
Message 3 of 4 (436 Views)

Re: I cannot get rid of a "paper Jam" message. I tried to turn off the printer and discon

I have the same problem and tried unplugging and replugging.  I still get the "possible paper jam" message.  A near expert in printers from Cartridge World tried everything: Replaced old belt and belt tensioner, checked all of the paper path sensors for damage and operation, checked and cleaned the encoder strip, cleaned and re-lubricated carriage rail replaced scan-axis motor, replaced line sensor, cleaned service station and replaced carriage bushing.  He seems to think the next step would be a carriage assembly replacement and formatter replacement.  Could be costly if this isn't the problem.  He's already invested $200.00.

I haven't owned the HP DesignJet Z2100 long enough to replace a large format circuit board.

Please advise, the printer is too costly to just give up on it.

Joan 

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)

Re: I cannot get rid of a "paper Jam" message. I tried to turn off the printer and disconnect it

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-and-Digital-Imaging/ct-p/bsc-412

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation