Question

Honor Student
Bev54
Message 1 of 9 (944 Views)

I have C410a All in one printer that will not print black in any mode.

I am running system 7

Prior to this happening I did not change anything

Replaced all ink cartages

Ran head cleaning

Removed power and network and restarted printer

Please can anyone help me to get my printer to print black again

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 9 (912 Views)

Re: I have C410a All in one printer that will not print black in any mode.

Hi there,

It sounds like you have run all the basic steps. Some users have seen good resutls with soaking their printhead. If you think its worth taking a look at try this post: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/HP-6500-Office-jet-E709a-Black-printer-cartrid...

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
RMarieJ
Message 3 of 9 (868 Views)

Just spoke with HP Technical Support; 1-800-474-6836, they said my two year old HP Photosmart e-All-In-One Printer C410a is non reparable (they do not make a replacement print head) and that they do NOT service this printer and that my only option is to buy a new printer.  So after spending alot of money on an HP printer, cables, toner (5 cartridges) I can now junk my 2 year old printer and they will sell me a new printer.  Basically, the scanner works, the fax works, but I can't print black ink and there is absolutely nothing HP can do. 

Student
monogrammom
Message 4 of 9 (771 Views)

Ditto!  Very disappointing!  I am considering a Kodak printer this go around!  My printer was also 2 years old!  

Student
RMJ1234
Message 5 of 9 (767 Views)

IMPORTANT:  Today, August 17th, 2013, I get a response to my request for help on the HP Forum!  My request for help was dated @ 3 - 4 months ago - HA!  So in the meantime, I purchased an Epson 800 series and another Epson 600 series for another location.  I am thrilled with both purchases and will NEVER buy an HP product again.  Thanks much HP for all your support - HA!!!!

monogrammom wrote:

Ditto!  Very disappointing!  I am considering a Kodak printer this go around!  My printer was also 2 years old!  

Honor Student
tony0550
Message 6 of 9 (678 Views)

Where is the grey scale they talk about?

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 7 of 9 (666 Views)

Hi tony0550,

I understand that you would like to be able to print in grayscale.

Follow these steps to print in grayscale from within your Windows program.
  1. Open the Print dialog box in the software program from which you are printing.
  2. Depending on the program, click File or the Microsoft Office icon , and then click Print . The Print dialog box opens.
  3. Click your printer, and then click Preferences or Printing Preferences .
  4. Click the Features tab.
  5. Under Color Options , click Print in grayscale .
  6. Click Apply and then OK to start the print job.

Your printing preferences page should look the same as this one in Bob Headrick post.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
tony0550
Message 8 of 9 (655 Views)

Thanks Advance 23, problem was I had replaced the black cartridge when the black stopped printing. Turned out that the cartridge vent was not open, cut vent open and ran clean print heads 3 times and now it is working again. Thanks for your reply.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 9 of 9 (646 Views)

Hi tony0550,

Glad to hear that you are up and printing again. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation