Question

Honor Student
angpl
Message 1 of 15 (4,684 Views)

I have a 6500 officejet printer that says ink system failure what can i do to fix this if anything??

my printer 6500 office jet says ink system failure help??

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 15 (4,661 Views)

Re: I have a 6500 officejet printer that says ink system failure what can i do to fix this if anythi

hi there angpl,

Ink system failures are usually accompanied by an error code so you may want to take note. This article has troubleshooting steps for ink system failure and some quick references for particular codes. Follow the steps outlined and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
tmuse
Message 3 of 15 (3,731 Views)

Re: I have a 6500 officejet printer that says ink system failure what can i do to fix this if anythi

I am having the same problem, but there is not error code associated with the message.  It says: "Ink System Failure.  Please turn Printer off and then on."  No additional codes or instructrions. 

I have tried to clean the heads without any luck. 

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 15 (3,717 Views)

Hi there tmuse,

What printer model and operating system is this for?

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
goanders
Message 5 of 15 (3,146 Views)

need to replace the print head
Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 15 (3,138 Views)

I have a 6500 officejet printer that says ink system failure what can i do to fix this if anything??

@goanders - Are you needing to replace a printhead? Or are you recommending a replacement of the printhead to the author of another post on this thread? I ask because of the length of time that has past between posts on this thread. If you are needing help; please provide the make and model of your printer and what error message you are receiving on the machine. Thanks
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
violetpilot
Message 7 of 15 (2,768 Views)

This happened to me this morning. Printed three sheets and then this message. Have cleaned everything, shut off, turned on, unplugged, replugged, rebooted, new cartridges. Help.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 8 of 15 (2,765 Views)

@ violetpilot - is this the document you used to address the ink system failure message that you are getting? It is for troubleshooting an ink system failure message that appears without an error code. It will give troubleshooting steps to try in an effort to fix the error message displayed on the screen of the printer. I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
violetpilot
Message 9 of 15 (2,763 Views)

Yes. I did all of that. Except clean the printheads via the Solution center. I can't print anything.
Honor Student
violetpilot
Message 10 of 15 (2,762 Views)

Just additionally tried soaking the printhead to remove excess ink - of which there was a lot. There is ink in the HP ink cartridges, everything is clean and in there the right way and I have spent almost an entire day at this point trying to solve this issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation