Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,761 Views)
Accepted Solution

I have a HP LJ5550dn that has a 13.01.00 error, Jam in tray 1.

I currently have this error continuing even on shut down and back on. I cleaned and replaced all wheels. pulled image transfer unit out and cleaned all dust in and around unit. I pulled out the fuser unit and cleaned all around it. I pulled out tray 2 cleaned. There is no jams or papers stuck anywhere. It doesnt get far enough for there to be a paper jam. We did a cold reset and still has error. The machine is networked but jams even when we select config page.

What happens is when someone prints to printer usually drawer 2 or 3, the unit displays it is lifting tray 2 or 3 and then the error shows a jam in tray 1 (Manual Feed Tray). We found that if tray 1 has paper in it, then there is no error. However it will then only pull from tray 1 and no other tray.

Any help would be appreciated.

I hope I have this in the right spot now.

Accepted Solution

Re: I have a HP LJ5550dn that has a 13.01.00 error, Jam in tray 1.

Found the Solution, it was the paper sensor. It was dislodged, once we clipped it down into place the printer worked like new.

View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,726 Views)

Re: I have a HP LJ5550dn that has a 13.01.00 error, Jam in tray 1.

Found the Solution, it was the paper sensor. It was dislodged, once we clipped it down into place the printer worked like new.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation