I have a new HP deskjet 3050A - J611...how can I print most work in black only? (2843 Views)
Honor Student
tucker4
Message 1 of 3 (2,843 Views)
Accepted Solution

I have a new HP deskjet 3050A - J611...how can I print most work in black only?

Most of my printing work is black and white only.  How do I request black and white only without wasting most of my color cartridge content.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (2,813 Views)

Re: I have a new HP deskjet 3050A - J611... how can I print most work in black only?

Please read this post then provide some details.   What operating system? In most versions of Windows you can set the defaults in the Printers folder.  Look for a setting for "Print in Grayscale" and "Use black ink only".

The black ink is pigmented and is not compatible with most photo papers.  If you have selected photo media  as a paper type the black cartridge will not be used.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
tucker4
Message 3 of 3 (2,808 Views)

Re: I have a new HP deskjet 3050A - J611... how can I print most work in black only?

Thanks a lot.....I didn't quite folow what the grayscale meant.
Now perfectly clear and thanks again.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation