Question

Student
martysouthfield
Message 1 of 4 (2,883 Views)

I need a driver for HP Deskjet 882C for Windows 7 64 Bit

Although Windows 7 does not officially support an old printer like HP deskjet 882C, is there some driver which would work for black and white printing?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (2,856 Views)

Re: I need a driver for HP Deskjet 882C for Windows 7 64 Bit

The Deskjet 882c is supported in Windows 7, install the driver as described here.

dj 882c.png

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
colonygal
Message 3 of 4 (2,772 Views)

OK - so I got the driver installed for my HP DeskJet 882C but whenever I try to print anything (including the printer 'Test Page') nothing prints and the printer status says "Error".  I have Windows 7 64-bit and am not sure if that makes a difference or not?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Andrea

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (2,765 Views)

There are a few things to check.  First, try printing a diagnostic page as follows:  turn on the printer power.  Now press and hold the power button, then while holding the power buttin press and release the other button 4 times quickly, then release the power button.   Does a test page properly print?  If so the next thing to check would be the connections - make sure the USB cable is properly secured.  Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation