01-09-2014 06:23 AM
I understand you are getting an incompatible cartridge error on the front panel of your HP Photosmart C4480. I would like you to go ahead and start troubleshooting 'Cartridge Problem', 'Incompatible Cartridge', or 'Cartridge Missing or Damaged' Message Appears on ....
Please let me know if you have already completed the troubleshooting steps in this document and are still receiving the error message. I will watch for your reply.
07-05-2014 03:14 AM
Step1: turn off your printer
Step2:turn on your printer
Step3:hold down power button and the "x" button- you will receive a message that prompts you to "enter special key combo"
Step4ress"blue->green->grey IN THAT ORDER!!
Step5nce message "support rhLxFN0810CR" are displayed press "blue" button once until information menu appears
Step6ress "ok" now using "blue" button again scroll through the menu until you see "checksum for repo I data input" appears
Step7ress ok and a number code will appear(note code will change every time this pice as is used)
Step8nce code appears push "x" 3times until you return to main display screen. Now you are ready to print as normal! if print head is allowed to reset before next print this process will need to be repeated each time print head resets itself
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper