06-01-2009 09:40 PM
After installing new ink cartridges that came with HP C7280 All in One an ink system failure error 0xc18a0201 occured. Can't find referrence to this error code any where. What is it and how do I correct it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-12-2009 11:53 PM
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
09-13-2009 04:32 PM
I found this solution for a C5180 Ink System Failure....and assumed/hoped the firmware was the same....it worked!!
Press and hold the “left arrow” key.
Press the “Setup” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
Press and release the “OK” button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
2. Press and release the “OK” button.
3. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
4. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
6. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
7. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
04-19-2011 12:15 PM - edited 04-19-2011 12:16 PM
Thank you so much. I was so frustrated after trying to solve my problem for over four hours. Then I saw your posting. I followed your instructions and the problem was solved. I have an HP Photosmart 6180 all-in-one printer.
You are a lifesaver!