Question
Ink System Failure - New Photosmart Premium c309a
Replies (23)

Student
thefrenchguy
Message 11 of 24 (5,922 Views)

Re: Ink System Failure - New Photosmart Premium c309a

My printer did the same this week. Did all the troubleshooting and reset you can imagine but nothing works. Found out from HP web site how to clean the printhead - it was very messy and black ink all over. Cleaned it as indicated - same problem. After learning that many users had this problem I decided to throw it to the garbage and bought another one. I try to call HP support but impossible to talk to someone.

We have 10 laptop with 5 hard drive failure in one year, now the printers - I am not a HP client anymore. I am done with them. My advise - avoid HP product until they get their act together again.

Honor Student
montagi
Message 12 of 24 (5,917 Views)

Dead right this is not an isolated problem, read my post on our Photsmart 8230.

Our printer was rarely used and is kept in immaculate condition, even lives under a dust cloth.. now its pulling these ink system errors and refusing to print. To make matters worse it is after it insisted on ink cartridge replacement due to expiry! thats $80 worth of HP 02 ink wasted!

The service menu shows we have only printed 84 pages with this machine, its around 3 years old - without including the cost of paper i calculate the total cost per page at over $5AUD!!

What a rort these inkjet printers are. I have owned various printers over the years, the bubble jets are just not worth the grief. I had a second hand 5P HP laser for 7 years (which was thrashed)  with no major problems, an 1102w b&w laser and a xerox colour laser, also the total cost per page is miniscule by comparison - and neither has become a boat anchor.

Student
HCPitt
Message 13 of 24 (5,593 Views)

Did it all.  Cleaned heads as per instructions and cleaner, turned on & off, used special code, called HP ($34 or refurbished upgraded machine $150.  Code is 0xc19a0022   Machine is 1 year 10months old.   After reading all answers and HP answer decided it might be good idea to try another company.  

Honor Student
jr01
Message 14 of 24 (5,277 Views)

I have been unable to print because the error message "ink system failure" continues to display.  I have purchased all new cartridges, cleaned the printhead, turned on and off numerous times, unplugged, and the list goes on and on.  This printer was purchased in May 2009 and has not worked the past 9 months!  Please help!

Student
pathorton
Message 15 of 24 (5,045 Views)

Hi my printer is showing ink system failure oxc19a0007

Honor Student
jr01
Message 16 of 24 (5,040 Views)

I've never been able to correct the problem.   My best solution is to buy a new printer!  . . . .look for a trade-in allowance.

Student
heebner
Message 17 of 24 (4,803 Views)

Thanks so much. 2 years have gone by and you are still helping people.

Hated to think this printer was washed up after only 2 years of light duty, and hours spent reconfiguring to get it working with Windows 7.

Student
micktague
Message 18 of 24 (4,720 Views)

I'd love to try the whole fax keypad reset thing, but O bought the model w/o a fax, as I haven't had a home phone for about 8 years - therefore, no keypad. Now what?

My printer is almost a year old and this is the first problem I've had.

micktague

Student
manselrees
Message 19 of 24 (4,690 Views)

hp photosmart printer is telling me that I have an( INK SYSTEM FAILURE) I have changed the catragis this morning with genuine H P

Top Student
Pxie
Message 20 of 24 (4,672 Views)

If its under a year old get onto HP quick and get a replacement under guarantee!  I did!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation