Ink System Failure Photosmart Premium CQ521A (1538 Views)
Student
dwalthatch
Message 1 of 4 (1,538 Views)
Accepted Solution

Ink System Failure Photosmart Premium CQ521A

Model: CQ521A

Description:  HP PHOTOSMART PREMIUM

Serial Number:   CN07BB10BC

error Message: Ink System Failure, 0xc19a0020,
Please turn printer Off the ON.

Error Message does not clear after following these directions

USB Connection

Windows VISTA 

Have been on line- no luck.  Talked to tech support and after 1/2 hour of cleaning and unplugging everything still get error. They have shipped a new part: HP 564 FIELD REPLACEMENT KIT, N.  After seeing other post , I am not confident this will solve the problem.  Has anyone had any luck with this issue?

Thanks

Top Student
prduke
Message 2 of 4 (1,468 Views)

Re: Ink System Failure Photosmart Premium CQ521A

I'm awaiting the same part HP 564 FIELD REPLACEMENT KIT, N.  I am also quite sure it will not solve the problem.  This part seems to be a new set of cartridges and does not match the part number in the following HP message:

If HP replaces your printhead assembly under warranty, you will receive a new printhead assembly, cleaning materials, and a full set of new ink cartridges. If your printhead assembly is no longer under warranty, you can purchase a new one online . Click the link, then look for the HP Parts Store. Search for part number CN642A. If the HP Parts Store is not available, contact you local HP sales office. The new printhead assembly comes with cleaning materials. To avoid possible damage to the new printhead assembly, also buy new cartridges.

Meanwhile I'm without a printer and am also unhappy about spending 3 hours on the phone today first to tech support and then to a representative in India.

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 4 (1,236 Views)

Hi dwalthatch, did the replacement printhead solve the issue?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
prduke
Message 4 of 4 (1,234 Views)

It solved my issue, for now.  I'm nervous when changing any cartridges now.  I'm soured on tech support so don't want to deal with any HP printer issues ever again!

In addition to all of the hours I mentioned in my first post, I was also given a non-existent fax number to use to fax proof of purchase and I spent 3 hours at a local Staples, trying over and over and over again to send the fax.  

Another very lengthy call to tech support yielded a different fax number which worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation