12-18-2008 06:38 PM
My printer is about 2 years old and I have gotten a "Ink System Failure" report, error 0xc18a0305. I did the 4 steps HP told me to do (unplug, restart, etc...) but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? If it needs service, who do I call? HELP.
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-31-2008 03:08 PM - edited 12-31-2008 03:25 PM
Hello there Kelly,
Please check out this link for the Ink System Failure problem.
These are from the link above:
Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the 3310 off. Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and then turn it back on. You will have to turn the printer off twice and then it will recalibrate.
Our HP 3310 was having the same ink system failure. Tried everything I could find, and had just about given up when I found this forum. I didn't quite get the reset right the first time, but on the second try it worked. After holding down OK, Cancel, Black and Color buttons while turning it off, I turned it back on, it turned itself off and I turned it back on again, it started off doing the calibration and it took about 5 minutes, but when it was finished I had a working printer again.
Hope this works for you. Please let us know.
P.S. This was also sent to AJ...lol
10-07-2010 05:05 AM
My HP Photosmart gave me the same error although the first error was a carriage return error. The was no paper jam or carriage jam. After clearing that error I received a second error.
Ink system failure. Oxc18a0001. I attempted to reset the printer a number of times using the OK, cancel, black, color button. It did not clear the error the first two times I tried the reset. I removed all of the ink cartridges and I discovered that one of the ink cartridges was empty despite the ink gauge saying it was full.
I replaced the empty ink cartridge and reset the printer. It worked. Then failed as another ink cartridge was very low on ink. Replacing the second ink cartridge and reseting the printer again seemed to resolve the problem.