Question

Tutor
Luisete
Message 1 of 167 (57,067 Views)

Ink cartridge empty but it's not

I have just replaced my HP Photosmart D7360 with new cartridges and the printer says the yellow one is empty but it's brand new. I bought a new one and replaced it just in case and keeps on saying is empty!!! All of them are Vivera HP originals
Tutor
mrshare
Message 2 of 167 (57,008 Views)

Re: Ink cartridge empty but it's not

Ugh...same problem here, but with the Magenta cartridge.  Using Genuine HP cartridges and replaced it once already thinking it was a defective cartridge, but that did not help.  I've attempted to clean the contacts as instructed by HP and still have the problem
Top Student
Garthc
Message 3 of 167 (56,864 Views)

I also have the very same issue with a D7360 and the yellow ink. It was printing normal when it ran out of yellow.  Two new HP replacements both say they are empty. Cannot print in color now. Printer is 13 months old. Any advise?
hni Top Student
Top Student
hni
Message 4 of 167 (56,848 Views)

I have a Photosmart C5280 just installed & it too shows both my colour & black cartridges as empty. Any ideas why?
Tutor
JohnInBowie
Message 5 of 167 (56,780 Views)

I have the same problem but it happened when I put a 02XL cartridge in. HP email support suggested that the 02XL wasn't compatible with my Photosmart D7360. Obviously, it is because when I put the 02XL pink cartridge in it worked fine.

Now they say I need to send it in for repair. I can probably replace it with a Lexmark for less than the cost of the repairs. Good job, HP.

Top Student
Garthc
Message 6 of 167 (56,774 Views)

I still don't have an answer for this issue. I attempted to call HP support but they won't talk without a fee (5 weeks out of warranty). I also tried a couple of "Chat" sessions but waited over an hour each time with the message "a technician will be with you shortly". A local Office Supply store had the D7260 clearance priced about $80. This was my answer to all the unused ink I had in stock. I guess HP got my money anyway.

Do HP Tech's monitor this site?

Tutor
longtimemacuser
Message 7 of 167 (56,732 Views)

Same here-  I'm running into this problem for the second time in less than 3 weeks on my HP C5150. . Brand new cartridge installed, and it is fine for a day - then 2 days later, after NO color printing - it suddenly shows as completely empty.

Last month when I had the same problem, customer support suggested the following, which seemed to work.

(typos were theirs - I just copied and pasted):

Please try the following step's
Power your C5150 on and remove all 6 cartridges and close the cartridge access door
With your C5150 powered on unplug the power cord directly from the back
Press and hold the OK button and the HELP button down together while you plug the power cord back in
Keep the button's held down until the display screen goes blank then release the button's and power your C5150 back on
When you are prompted on the display screen to install the cartridges install all 6 cartridges and close the cartridge access door
Are you still getting the same message ?

This should resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.

You may receive an e-mail survey regarding your e-mail support experience. We would appreciate your feedback.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at:
http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare

Top Student
webmom24
Message 8 of 167 (56,701 Views)

I have the same or similar problem with my C5180. It's worked more or less fine since I purchased it last year (except for it's frustrating inability to open the software using a wireless connection but that's another story!) In the last two weeks I have replaced the black cartridge and gotten error messages on the computer screen (not the printer itself) saying that the black cartridge was empty and needed to be replaced. After talking extensively with support they finally told me that I needed to uninstall and reinstall my printer software & drivers. I did this and problem fixed. However, since then I had to replace my magenta cartridge... went to print a photo tonight and guess what... same error message only now it wants me to replace the magenta cartridge or print in black only. I will try the steps below... tomorrow when I have a little more patience... but I've about had it with this printer and it's not quite a year old. My next printer will not be an HP.
Honor Student
YALTMacUser
Message 9 of 167 (56,388 Views)

I have the same problem with yellow cartridges on my 5180. I tried the reset procedure suggested. It gave me a message about not powering down correctly, and now it tells me all 6 cartridges are empty, so now I can't even print in black and white!
Student
mpmac
Message 10 of 167 (56,359 Views)

This is very frustratin.  I am having same problem with yellow 02 ink in D7360.  I really like this printer after having so many crappy ones.  Where can we get help?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation