Question
Ink cartridge empty but it's not
Replies (166)

Honor Student
SummergirlNY
Message 71 of 167 (19,724 Views)

Re: Ink cartridge empty but it's not D7360

I have the same problem with the yellow cartridge.  Just stopped working and now it says its out of ink.  Had three emails from HP Customer Service. What a joke.  They told me that its a hardware issue, (NO KIDDING), and that if I provided them with all the info on the printer that I would get a replacement, even though it was no longer under warranty.  So I give them the info and they tell me someone will call me to get more info sometime in the next two days.  A foreign person calls me who says she can't understand me and then she says that since my printer isn't under warranty I "could take this opportunity to purchase an upgraded product".  So I played along and asked if I was going to get a promotional price since I think a printer should last longer than a couple of years and she said no, "that the phone call was a courtesy to HP customers who needed new printers because their old ones no longer worked!"  Needless to say, I told her no thanks, I was buying a Canon to replace the HP and if I had wanted a new printer upgrade, I could just order one on the internet, I didn't need to speak to someone overseas to do it!  I know it sounds mean, but I am really annoyed at HP for leaving all of us with unused expensive ink cartridges and printers that don't work, as well as now software that will have to be removed from our computers.  I will never purchase anything ever from HP again-EVER.
Honor Student
hcfoste
Message 72 of 167 (19,607 Views)

Re: Ink cartridge empty but it's not

[ Edited ]

This is attrocious handling of a forum. 72 entries with same content from consumers over the course of a year.  Not one response from HP support.  For those of us stuck with our HP products, let us help them understand how important it is to listen when they create a forum for "help."  I have created a blog entry and if there is interest we can create a Facebook group.  I have already replaced one HP printer so that I have a funtioning one (with a Canon, as recommended by one of the helpful fellow frustrated consumers).  [text removed - solicitation]

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 73 of 167 (19,594 Views)

hcfoste wrote:

This is attrocious handling of a forum. 72 entries with same content from consumers over the course of a year.  Not one response from HP support. 

Please understand - this is a user to user forum where users help other users.  If you want to contact HP support there are a number of other avenues for that, click here for information.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
longtimemacuser
Message 74 of 167 (19,583 Views)

As I read through all of these posts, virtually ALL have contacted HP regarding this problem, yet the problem continues.  It shows that HP is NOT responding, and that we have plenty of company as dissatisfied customers.

Honor Student
SummergirlNY
Message 75 of 167 (19,556 Views)

I'm sorry that you believe its atrocious, but,  I tried going through all the proper channels and I didn't get anywhere. In fact,  I was more than patient, but now I am left with a printer that would work, if not for the error message that no one will help with. What would you suggest I do? I notice you didn't offer any suggestions other than like the other HP employees who either said nothing, told me to buy a new one or who didn't speak english clear enough for me for me to understand. No offense Mr. Headrick, but I am frustrated, I can't print, its Christmas and I have to buy gifts for my family and can't afford a new printer now.  But, I'll be sure not to muddy up your forum again, because I think I'll join a Facebook group and maybe they can help me figure something out. . . .

Top Student
ANTiX
Message 76 of 167 (19,547 Views)

Hi,

I had a similar problem.  Check out the Customer Forum titled CP1515n New Toner - 5% Left Already!  ...the solution here is not limited to the CP1515n printer ...it may help you!

Briefly - You need to set both your printer and ToolboxFX to effectively override it's settings regarding stopping printing when it thinks it's out of toner.

In ToolboxFX switch Auto Continue to ON

On the control panel on the printer switch to Override OUT

For more detailed info please see my post, and the comments of others, in the CP1515n New Toner - 5% Left Already! Forum.

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Student
roadcrasher
Message 77 of 167 (19,350 Views)

Ink cartridge empty but it's not

[ Edited ]

What helped me is right click on my printer and clicking run as administrator, printed a test page and that was it. I have VIsta and photosmart C6280

Student
skb5000
Message 78 of 167 (19,004 Views)

I had the same problem: "yellow cartridge empty," even after installing a brand new HP cartridge. I am using a Photosmart C7280, with Windows 7. I was as frustrated as the rest of you and ready to give up, but I seem to have solved my problem today. Believe it or not, all it took for me was to run the "realignment" tool. Knock on wood, it is now working, and no more error message. I hope that works for some of you!
Honor Student
garykuppers
Message 79 of 167 (18,857 Views)

[ Edited ]

I,ve been reading all the comments about their problem printers... with no exception my magenta cartridge (coincidence?) has been telling me it's empty, and the printer now tells me" it does not have enough ink to ensure printer health"..The empty cartridge must be replace to resume".. My printer is the D7160..not old.  I did replace the cartridge several times, but to no avail... Am I hooped?  Pls advise ASAP..[email removed for privacy]...Thank you     

Honor Student
SummergirlNY
Message 80 of 167 (18,830 Views)

I want to thank everyone for posting suggestions.  I have tried them all and none have worked...and I am so sorry gary, but I have already tried everything and have gotten no where...maybe you will be lucky.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation