Question

Student
jokasha
Message 1 of 10 (13,867 Views)

Ink cartridge problem

I ran low on black ink for my  hp deskjet 3050.   I purchased a new recycled cartridge.   I seemed to install it correctly but the printer keeps telling me there is a black cartridge problem.  I did remove the  little plastic cover over the area in the back.  And I did snap it into place.   What could be the problem?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 10 (13,834 Views)

Re: Ink cartridge problem

[ Edited ]

The likely issue is a poorly remanufactured cartridge.  See here for a study of reman cartrdiges by Quality Logic.  The Quality Logic study had about 1/3 of the refill/reman cartridges fail prematurely.

I would suggest contacting your dealer for a replacement.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

TSW Student
Student
TSW
Message 3 of 10 (13,642 Views)

I have been experiencing the same problem and all I've used is the authentic HP original black cartridge that was included with my HP Deskjet 3050 All-In-One J610 series printer.  I even went and bought a brand-new authentic HP 61 cartridge from Target last night for $13.99, installed it just now, and although it at first told me that it recognized that I installed an authentic HP cartridge, when I went to print only a test page, it is now flashing "Black Cartridge Problem".  Therefore, seeing as how I've used the cartridge included with the printer, installed a brand-new black authentic HP cartridge - - why is this printer not printing?  I'd really like to print some photos but am wondering if another brand is the way to go because I've been trying to get this to work for almost a month now.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 10 (13,637 Views)

TSW wrote:

I have been experiencing the same problem and all I've used is the authentic HP original black cartridge that was included with my HP Deskjet 3050 All-In-One J610 series printer.  I even went and bought a brand-new authentic HP 61 cartridge from Target last night for $13.99, installed it just now, and although it at first told me that it recognized that I installed an authentic HP cartridge, when I went to print only a test page, it is now flashing "Black Cartridge Problem".  Therefore, seeing as how I've used the cartridge included with the printer, installed a brand-new black authentic HP cartridge - - why is this printer not printing?  I'd really like to print some photos but am wondering if another brand is the way to go because I've been trying to get this to work for almost a month now.

For printing photo's you could remove the black cartridge entirely, the pigmented black ink is not compatible with glossy photo paper and is not used when printing on photo paper. 

To deal with the black cartridge issue try cleaning the cartridge and printer contacts as shown in Solution 2 of the "cartridge lights are blinking" section here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
BrotherLC-51BK
Message 5 of 10 (13,623 Views)

[ Edited ]

Now I know why the ink I bought from this site inkjetsuperstore did not work when I used it for photo printing. Thanks for the idea!

Student
flia_mluquez
Message 6 of 10 (12,872 Views)

Hello from Argentina!

I have the same problem with a new cartridge and original!

Someone have pity on us ... jaj

bye!!!

Honor Student
raynipper
Message 7 of 10 (8,566 Views)

Yes, I have been having the same problem with my HP 3050 j610.

From denying print after refilling to coming up with "Incompatible Cartridge" for new HP 301 carts.

I have reached the stage where I am now going back to an 8 year old printer and wish I could find another manufacturer of printers that didn't control your choice of replacement carts.

Ray.

Student
Nabaz
Message 8 of 10 (7,538 Views)

I also have the same problem . I do not know what I shall do .anybody can help us and solve our problem. Thanks
Honor Student
raynipper
Message 9 of 10 (7,523 Views)

I think buy a Canon printer might be the answer.!!!!

Ray.

Student
Guy38
Message 10 of 10 (6,258 Views)

I have a HP Officejet J6450 all in one that is refusing to run with a refurb ink cartridge. I've changed cartridgrs but it still tells me to replace the right cartridge....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation