01-31-2010 04:54 PM
The ink level indicator on my hp Photosmart C5180 All-In-One printer shows a brand NEW FULL yellow ink cartridge as only 25% full. I replaced the ink cartridge and still the reading has not changed. I cleaned the heads (with the software) more than once, realigned the heads, unplugged everything then reconnected the printer to the computer and power... all of this and the ink level indicator still shows the ink level as only 25%. Does anyone know how to fix this? I do not want to replace the yellow ink cartridge after using only 25% of a full cartridge's ink.
01-31-2010 06:16 PM
I've got a similar problem except that the printer doesn't recognize the new cartridge at all. And I've tried all the things you mentioned in your email. Sounds like it may be similar. So if anyone has a solution, I'd be grateful too.
02-06-2010 04:16 PM
I have the same problem with my Officejet Pro 8000. See my post dated 6th February.
The customer support people don't seem very interested either.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper