Question

Honor Student
1whitewater
Message 1 of 3 (808 Views)

Ink level indicator will not show a full ink cartridge

The ink level indicator on my hp Photosmart C5180 All-In-One printer shows a brand NEW FULL yellow ink cartridge as only 25% full. I replaced the ink cartridge and still the reading has not changed. I cleaned the heads (with the software) more than once, realigned the heads, unplugged everything then reconnected the printer to the computer and power... all of this and the ink level indicator still shows the ink level as only 25%. Does anyone know how to fix this? I do not want to replace the yellow ink cartridge after using only 25% of a full cartridge's ink.

Student
Sushigirl
Message 2 of 3 (795 Views)

Re: Ink level indicator will not show a full ink cartridge

I've got a similar problem except that the printer doesn't recognize the new cartridge at all. And I've tried all the things you mentioned in your email. Sounds like it may be similar. So if anyone has a solution, I'd be grateful too.

Honor Student
astronomer
Message 3 of 3 (750 Views)

Re: Ink level indicator will not show a full ink cartridge

I have the same problem with my Officejet Pro 8000. See my post dated 6th February.

The customer support people don't seem very interested either.

astronomer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation