Ink system failure Photosmart 3310 Error Code: 0xc05d1281 Please Help!! (4978 Views)
Top Student
TBiggles
Message 1 of 5 (4,978 Views)

Ink system failure Photosmart 3310 Error Code: 0xc05d1281 Please Help!!

[ Edited ]

I received this message after powering on my PS3310 and hearing grinding and clicking noises.  I read several post concerning this issue and tried all solutions including the HP recommended recalibration at the following link.   http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00489814&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1153481

Nothing seems to be working, sounds a like hardware NOT software issue.  Model Q5861A HP Photosmart 3310.  Please provide information for fix or replacement of defective product.

Thanks,

BT

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 2 of 5 (4,970 Views)

Re: Ink system failure Photosmart 3310 Error Code: 0xc05d1281 Please Help!!

You are correct that it is a hardware issue. You can try following the steps in this document but if they don't work, unfortunately you need a new/replacement printer. If your printer is in warranty you can call hp at 1-800-474-6836 for a replacement but if you are out of warranty you may need to buy a new printer.

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 5 (4,970 Views)

If you have followed the procedures in this page without success then your printer will need service.  You can Contact HP for options.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
TBiggles
Message 4 of 5 (4,958 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Dave,

If I understand you correctly, your solution is to just buy another printer.  What about HP standing behind their product and replacing my printer.  Seeing as this model is rated for 3000 pages/month and over the past 5 years I've averaged only 102 pages/month and unit has failed.  I've been a loyal customer of HP both professionally and personally, purchasing 2 laptops, 6 desktops, and 4 printers between home and business.  I have a HP Deskjet 1200 from 1996 that still works!!!

Yet this photosmart dies after 5 years and that's ok in your opinion.  A new printer seems like a small price to pay for HP to retain a loyal customer.  I plan contact HP directly tomorrow, I hope they respond differently.

Have a good night Dave,

-BT 

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 5 of 5 (4,925 Views)

While I certainly apologize for the issues you're having, not every printer will last as long as your deskjet. 5 years is a good run for most printers and sometimes hardware just fails. It is unfortunate that it happened now but HP does certainly appreciate your business and I hope this doesn't turn you off of them.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation