Question

Honor Student
NZ5380User
Message 1 of 6 (5,215 Views)

Inkjet printing labels directly onto CD / DVDs

This is my second posting relating to this topic.   I added my previous post to an existing thread and got no response.

I purchased a HP 5380 specifically because I wanted to print directly onto Inkjet Printable CD / DVDs.   I was very disappointed with the software templates provided.   Do HP have any plans to improve this situation?   I am aware of various third party software that can be purchased but I do not want to go to the further expense and possible conflicts that mixed software often involves.   I have access to a rival brand printer that also prints directly onto discs and the manufacturers software includes many good template options.   If any HPers read this post I would appreciate advice as to whether HP are likely to provide any updates in the near future.   

Bert 

Honor Student
JohnF
Message 2 of 6 (5,068 Views)

Re: Inkjet printing labels directly onto CD / DVDs

I have the same complaint.  A new C5550 AIO and I can't believe those templates.  There must be some additional software, adaptation or work-around procedure to allow you at least to create a text ox large enough to write more than a few words.  I does anyone have any help to offer?  Can you design a label in Avery or something and import it into hp's software?

JohnF

Honor Student
Regw3reg
Message 3 of 6 (3,984 Views)

I have the same complaint. The software they supply is terrible.

Honor Student
tpooh51
Message 4 of 6 (3,957 Views)

I also purchased the unit with the possibility of direct printing CD labels for my business. The options are terrible and unable to "save" whatever prints I come up with for future use is just ridiculous. I feel like I've transported back to Apple 2E technology. Hey HP a new software option for this is sooo overdue. 

Honor Student
nshortyc
Message 5 of 6 (2,177 Views)

hp dont have 1 u have 2 get a 

Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer that what im useing.

Honor Student
nshortyc
Message 6 of 6 (2,176 Views)

hp dont have 1 u have 2 get a 

Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer that what im useing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation