Insert Market Research Disc (12092 Views)
Honor Student
yukonmom99
Message 1 of 4 (12,092 Views)

Insert Market Research Disc

A few weeks ago every time I print I get the box that pops up and says the feature I am using "Market Research" requires disc in the link there is a 1.

This cause my printing to stop on both my printers - both HP printers.  I can cancel it after 3 tries it will continue to print sometimes spitting out either blank pages or garbage.

I  have tried Malware, AVG, Windows Defender, and none have found a virus.  There are two sites that acknowledge the problem but expect me to purchase their services????

Tutor
lanscaper
Message 2 of 4 (12,081 Views)

Re: Insert Market Research Disc

[ Edited ]

Use the windows installer cleanup utility found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Remove the Market Research entry and restart you computer.

-- Also, here is an HP document which speaks of "similiar" issues http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00681626&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=421993

It is for a specific printer but this issue is not specific to any printer, it happens to lots of people with different software and occurs in many versions of windows.  If you are installing/running the MS Installer Cleanup tool in Vista or Win7 you may need to right click and "run as administrator".  Also in newer versions of windows it may not make a short cut in your start menu meaning you'll have to find it.  Usually it installs to C:\Program files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msicuu.exe or if you have a 64bit version of printers C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer Clean Up\msicuu.exe or very close to that path name.

- the above fix is intended to stop the market research pop-up from trying to continually install.  If you still get garbage or blank pages after doing this then perhaps the print driver has become corrupt.

Good Luck!

Student
tsupwithyou
Message 3 of 4 (11,942 Views)

where can you buy this disc from?

Student
maiharcement
Message 4 of 4 (782 Views)

show error than printing "Insert Market Research Disc"

Plz help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation