Is Officejet 4500 Compatible With Photo Quality Vivera Inks? (2343 Views)
Honor Student
ssr555
Message 1 of 7 (2,343 Views)

Is Officejet 4500 Compatible With Photo Quality Vivera Inks?

[ Edited ]

The inks supplied with Officejet 4500 G 510 B (HP 901 Cartridges) are of too poor a quality for photo printing; particularly the black ink does not stick to photo paper & can be easily wiped out with a finger.

I would like to know whether this printer can use any photo quality HP Vivera ink cartridges - both Black & Tricolor. If so, kindly let me know the number of the cartridges.

or is this printer simply not meant for good quality photo printing?

Thank u.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 7 (2,326 Views)

Re: Is Officejet 4500 Compatible With Photo Quality Vivera Inks?

This Officejet is aimed at office type work, whereas the Photosmart line is aimed more at photos. No photo cartridges are listed for the Officejet 4500 printer.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 7 (2,319 Views)

[ Edited ]

ssr555 wrote:

The inks supplied with Officejet 4500 G 510 B (HP 901 Cartridges) are of too poor a quality for photo printing; particularly the black ink does not stick to photo paper & can be easily wiped out with a finger.

I would like to know whether this printer can use any photo quality HP Vivera ink cartridges - both Black & Tricolor. If so, kindly let me know the number of the cartridges.

Make sure you have selected the proper paper type.  The pigment black ink is not compatible with photo paper and when photo paper is selected only the color cartridge will be used.  Printing on photo paper with plain paper settings will result in poor quality results, the results will be much better with the proper settings.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
ssr555
Message 4 of 7 (2,310 Views)

That might be the mistake I have committed. I have printed with default settings; so apart from using the black cartridge, the DPI also would have been less resulting in poor quality.

However, with this color cartridge, can we expect really good quality, long lasting photo prints? can it take any Vivera cartridge?

Thank u.

Student
djknopik
Message 5 of 7 (897 Views)

I need to make some copies of some photos,and I would like to know if the Office jet  4500 will print on Kodak

premium picture paper glossy ,the printer has all the settings to set it up for photo printing,will those settings work well on that paper?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 7 (889 Views)

Is Officejet 4500 Compatible With Photo Quality Vivera Inks?

It's always recommended that you use HP paper with HP products, but the Kodak paper should work fine.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Les777
Message 7 of 7 (356 Views)

What ink do I use to print digital photos om my officejet 4500?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation